Release Strategy Inconsistent

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran, svetja

yuzuohong

Release Strategy Inconsistent

Post by yuzuohong » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:50 am

Hi all

I have been suffering from an error message "Release Strategy Inconsistent" after I transported the customizing of PO release strategy to running system. It's working very well in testing system but I don't understand why it doesn't work in the running system. The situation is like this - I can get a "RELEASE" page in the header of PO but with norelease code or indicator. Instead there is an error message written in blue called "release strategy inconsistent". Maybe some of you have got the same experience?
Best, Yu

Ha Tran

Re: Release Strategy Inconsistent

Post by Ha Tran » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:22 am

yuzuohong wrote:Hi all

I have been suffering from an error message "Release Strategy Inconsistent" after I transported the customizing of PO release strategy to running system. It's working very well in testing system but I don't understand why it doesn't work in the running system. The situation is like this - I can get a "RELEASE" page in the header of PO but with norelease code or indicator. Instead there is an error message written in blue called "release strategy inconsistent". Maybe some of you have got the same experience?
This system behavior has indicated that the transport of your release strategy was not properly done/completed. Therefore, you should ask Development team to re-transport it.

Cheers,
HT

yuzuohong

Post by yuzuohong » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:57 am

Thank you HT I will try that and come back with what's happening
Best, Yu

yuzuohong

Post by yuzuohong » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:10 am

I guess, even though I never doubt it, it could be a problem of my release strategy definition?

Now there're 3 levels that I have defined -
> 25000 - 50000 USD release code 01 manager
> 50000 - 100000 USD release code 02 director
> 100000 USD release code 02 director

Maybe I should not have kept the last one. The second one can be changed to "> 50000 USD".

But I don't know if this is what the system means by "release strategy inconsistent"
Best, Yu

schonherr

Post by schonherr » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:25 am

Hi

What you should try to do as well is run the consistency check that is available in customizing. That might help you to solve this issue.

BR

Erwin
:D "...Always try the search function on this forum; OSS can be useful as well...." :D

yuzuohong

Post by yuzuohong » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:30 am

Hi Erwin

You mean "check release strategies" in customizing? I have tried it and I got all green lights there
Best, Yu

schonherr

Post by schonherr » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:31 am

Hi,

in the productive system?

BR

Erwin
:D "...Always try the search function on this forum; OSS can be useful as well...." :D

yuzuohong

Post by yuzuohong » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:14 am

Yes exactly in both testing and productive system. I have all green lights.
Best, Yu

schonherr

Post by schonherr » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:22 am

Did you do a side to side comparison of the strategies in both systems, are they 100% identical?

yuzuohong

Post by yuzuohong » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:52 am

Oh yes there is a slight difference - I'm missing the "Final release" line in Release simulation window. Does it mean something?
Best, Yu

schonherr

Post by schonherr » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:56 am

Guess so. Please look into each line in detail. As said, something has gone wrong during transport. My experience lets me build up these strategies manually, not by transporting.

Ha Tran

Post by Ha Tran » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:34 pm

schonherr wrote:Guess so. Please look into each line in detail. As said, something has gone wrong during transport. My experience lets me build up these strategies manually, not by transporting.
I would be much surprised that the basis and management team would accept you to make a direct configuration change in production client as it has never been the case in any company that I am aware of. Except for the setting of release class, release characteristics and assignment of release characteristic values to your release strategy in CL20N transaction, any other settings must be done via transport request.

Cheers,
HT

yuzuohong

Post by yuzuohong » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:57 pm

I think I have found the point - there's nothing in table T16FV of productive system while I do have some lines in testing system. But how can I fix it?
Best, Yu

Ha Tran

Post by Ha Tran » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:59 am

yuzuohong wrote:I think I have found the point - there's nothing in table T16FV of productive system while I do have some lines in testing system. But how can I fix it?
Then you will have to transport it again from your configuration client to production client.

Cheers,
HT

schonherr

Post by schonherr » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:19 am

Ha Tran wrote:
schonherr wrote:Guess so. Please look into each line in detail. As said, something has gone wrong during transport. My experience lets me build up these strategies manually, not by transporting.
I would be much surprised that the basis and management team would accept you to make a direct configuration change in production client as it has never been the case in any company that I am aware of. Except for the setting of release class, release characteristics and assignment of release characteristic values to your release strategy in CL20N transaction, any other settings must be done via transport request.

Cheers,
HT
Hi HT,

I agree. Reason for letting me do this in this unusual way was that somehow, after several tries of transport the correct version failed to copy into production. Issue was never solved however and did not occur on any other parts of config.

BR

Erwin