Create a material number with errors

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran, svetja

dragsky

Create a material number with errors

Post by dragsky » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:40 pm

Dear Gurus,

I activated the split valuation ,then created a material number with errors. the error message is as follow:
Cost element 5105250000 is not assigned to a cost component in CostCompStruct CO
Message no. MLCCS010

Diagnosis
You have activated the actual cost component split.

No cost component has been assigned to cost element 5105250000 origin group in cost component structure CO for chart of accounts PEBL. The system is unable to assign the value to a cost component.

So i deactivated the split valuation ,and created a material number again,but the error message is the same ?

How to solve it!

Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Dragsky

Ha Tran

Re: Create a material number with errors

Post by Ha Tran » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:49 pm

dragsky wrote:Dear Gurus,

I activated the split valuation ,then created a material number with errors. the error message is as follow:
Cost element 5105250000 is not assigned to a cost component in CostCompStruct CO
Message no. MLCCS010

Diagnosis
You have activated the actual cost component split.

No cost component has been assigned to cost element 5105250000 origin group in cost component structure CO for chart of accounts PEBL. The system is unable to assign the value to a cost component.

So i deactivated the split valuation ,and created a material number again,but the error message is the same ?

How to solve it!

Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Dragsky
I would wonder if you encounter this problem during material master creation as there is not any requirement to enter the G/L Account during material master creation.

Cheers,
HT

dragsky

Post by dragsky » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:01 pm

Dear HT,

Thank you for your reply.
I can create the basic Data view successfully,but i can't create the accounting view and costing view.
The error message is what i put up.
Regards,
Dragsky

dragsky

Post by dragsky » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:39 am

Could anybody give me some advice?
Thanks!

svetja

Post by svetja » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:05 am

I recommend to ask this question your FI or CO collegues (or in that forum) But dont emphasize the material master creation. You get the error when creating the accounting view just because some FICO settings are not setup in the expected way.
Search before posting: search.php

dragsky

Post by dragsky » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:10 am

Thank you so much!

Ha Tran

Post by Ha Tran » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:03 am

dragsky wrote:Dear HT,

Thank you for your reply.
I can create the basic Data view successfully,but i can't create the accounting view and costing view.
The error message is what i put up.
Regards,
Dragsky
The error message indicates that it was some sort of error message which originated from the activation of Material Ledger.

Cheers,
HT

Katrin

Post by Katrin » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:12 pm

I have had the same problem. During creation of material master data mm01 the massage is appeared:
"Cost element 6* can't be assigned to CostComponentStructure01"
The thing is that we didn't use CCStuctere 01. We use Z1. Z1 is copy from standart 01.
How to solved:
we made break point /h mm01 and find the table CKMLKEV (control table of material ledger). It conteined wrong rows with 01. We deleted wrong rows directly in the table.

paulsls

Re: Create a material number with errors

Post by paulsls » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:37 am

thanks for you answer! It helped me to solve the same issue.
1 tip: CKMLEV is controlled by MMPV: in stead of directly updating/deleting the table records, you can just run MMPV.
Probably you also had a very old MM period active: when you update it to todays period, you will automatically update the costcomponent structure in CKMLEV to the actual one you configured.