User exit for defaulting batch number

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran, svetja

Anandj

User exit for defaulting batch number

Post by Anandj » Fri May 25, 2007 6:09 am

Hi All ,

In our system , Batch level is activated at " Material level" . Hence when a material is transferred form a plant with Batch management active to a plant with out Batch management , the receiving plant needs to provide a batch number in MIGO ( or the system automatically generates a batch number based ). Our requirement is to default a batch number in MIGO or other transaction for the plant in which batch Management is not active. For example if the plant code XYZ, the default batch number by the system in MIGO should be the plant code preceded with six zero i.e. 000000XZY.

Kindly suggest me with an User exit in Batch Management to achieve this functionality .

With regards,
Anandj

svetja

Post by svetja » Fri May 25, 2007 6:25 am

Our requirement is to default a batch number in MIGO or other transaction for the plant in which batch Management is not active.
I would like to swim without getting wet.

How and where would you like to enter a batch number if you will not have a field for that, as you have batch management not activated in the receiving plant?
Search before posting: search.php

Anandj

Post by Anandj » Fri May 25, 2007 6:39 am

Hi svetja,

Since the batch level is maintained at " Material level " in our system , the receipt of the same material in the receiving plant without batch management will also needs to give a batch number in MIGO( Batch Management Tab). If not system generates a batch number and assign it in the batch Tab.

With regards,
AnandJ

svetja

Post by svetja » Fri May 25, 2007 7:16 am

Material level means your material is batch managed everywhere. You cant say that it is not batch managed in receiving plant. It is even batch managed there, they just dont care. (But may finally have a lot differences when doing the physical count.)

I managed an identical request without userexit, I just create for each material a batch record when the material is extended to this plant.
Then I setup a batch determination - this featue is mostly used for picking, but it works for receipts as well - to find the batch number.
Search before posting: search.php

Anandj

Post by Anandj » Fri May 25, 2007 7:33 am

Hi svetja,

Thanks a lot for your explanation .

Kindly suggest any user exit to achieve this functionality .

with regards,
Anandj

Anandj

Post by Anandj » Mon May 28, 2007 2:10 am

Hello HT

Kindly do let me know your valuable inputs regarding any user exits to achieve the functionality mentioned below.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

With regards,
Anandj

Ha Tran

Post by Ha Tran » Mon May 28, 2007 2:28 am

Hi,

I think the reply from Svetja was very clear and comprehensive. If you are not activating the batch management for your related plant location, then there is not any possibility that the batch number can be proposed as simply the batch number is not required.

Cheers,
HT