Material Master Changes Report

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran, svetja

Flare

Material Master Changes Report

Post by Flare » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:19 pm

Anybody who has used the Material Master (Transaction MM01/02/03) knows how painful it is to track changes made to a field.

You have to go to the menu and select Environment --> Display Changes.

Then you get a list of all changes and you have to keep double-clicking every line to find the specific change you're looking for.

My question is; anybody knows if there's a standard report that can list the details of every change performed per material? Or maybe a way to find specific changes to fields. You know, something similar to how it looks in the Customer or Vendor Master; you can track changes by field if you want.

I know we have tables CDHDR and CDPOS showing us that information, but they cannot be joined in a query and I don't have ABAP skills. So it's not that easy to search this way.

Any suggestions or better ideas? I'm using SAP R/3 Version 4.7

Thanks in advance!

thx4allthefish

Post by thx4allthefish » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:51 am

Use SE38, report-name: CHANGEDOCU_READ, object-class MATERIAL, object-number: yourmaterialwithleadingzeroes.
curiousorange wrote: I give up. Humanity isn't worth saving. Why is there never a Vogon Constructor Fleet around when you really need one?

BJALM

Post by BJALM » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:33 am

We are also on 4.7.
This report CHANGEDOCU_READ does not exist in 4.7
Is this a customer program or only available in a later version ?

Thanks for the help

falex

Post by falex » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:49 pm

Hi
Try tcode MM04 for a single material

regards

Alex

rnotten72

Re: Material Master Changes Report

Post by rnotten72 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:11 am

Since release 4.7 you have trx AUT10 available. When running it, this trx lists all changes to tables and fields specified in the initial selection screen. Of course, data element used in field must be relevant for change logging.

Customizing settings can be done in the area of CA-components --> engineering change management --> logging