This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Block PO price change after goods receipts

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran, svetja

Block PO price change after goods receipts

Postby carolyip » Fri Nov 01, 2002 9:15 pm

Hi SAPfans :D ,

I'd like to block the users from changing PO price if there is any goods receipts done. Is there any customization or user exit for that?

Appreciate if you can help.

Thanks,
Carol
carolyip

Postby cvermeu2 » Mon Nov 04, 2002 4:10 am

There is no customizing for this, and I'm not sure if there is a user exit, but I doubt it. We recently consulted with SAP AG about the same issue, and they confirmed that this is SAP standard.

I can't think of a reason why you would want to change the Price of a Purchase Order after it has been GRV'd???

When you do Invoice Verification, the system will only allow you to Verify the quantity that has been GRV'd, and then hopefully the Invoice value and the GRV value will balance.

Regards
Christo :lol:
cvermeu2

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 04, 2002 7:56 am

Of course there is a reason. If you have a price difference at IR time and let's say the vendor's price is correct because you forgot to change the P.O. eralier and you couldn't change the price, what would you do??

Alan Prouse

Postby hbotha » Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:50 am

I agree with cvermeu2. Why would you want to change the PO price after the GR has been done, for all the accounting doc's applicable to the material(s) on the PO has been created with the po price that was on the po of the moment of GR. The new price on the po will not do anything for your GR/IR entries are made by the GR transaction. If you want to change the po price so that your materials will pick up the correct price, reverse the GR and then change the price. 8)
hbotha

Postby svetja » Tue Nov 05, 2002 3:57 am

And what tricks do you want to do if there is no inventory anymore when invoice is to be posted? and month closing was done?
Sure you probably can fake a physical inventory, add stock, reverse the GR, correct the PO, post GR, fake again a physical inventory.
And all this steps are more secure and less errors may ocur than just changing the price after GR.

Sure it should not be daily business to change the price in a PO after GR was done, because the stock gets valuated with a price different from the regular price, but there are valid reasons to have this functionality.
svetja

Postby psycho » Tue Nov 05, 2002 4:24 am

Carol,

Sorry but there is nothing in Configure that will do this for you. However, I know there is a user exit that is called when you try to save. We recently made a change to our process so that when a user try to increase the price or quantity of a PO item, the release strategy is recalculated. I am sure you can use the same user exit to check whether a GR has been created for the item and prevent the system from saving if there are any activities.

You can probably set that up as an authorization so that not everyone can do this.

Regards,
Siao Eung
psycho

Postby Tranny » Tue Nov 05, 2002 7:43 pm

One option is to use the release procedure for purchase orders in OMGS. The release indicator can have one status that does not allow changes to the purchase order. This option is involved and will affect many users. You have a release procedure on your purchase orders.

dt
Tranny

Postby psycho » Tue Nov 05, 2002 8:00 pm

The release procedure is also an option, however, once this is set, you cannot change anything in the PO. It's pretty restrictive.

Siao Eung
psycho

Return to Logistics MM