ERS

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran, svetja

pm

ERS

Post by pm » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:20 am

I forgot. What's the correct process foror ERS?
Do we need to do the GR/SE? I know that we don't do the MIRO but MRRL. But do you normally schedule this as batch job? If we have still have open PO created for this vendor, can I just go to check the ERS indicator in this open PO?

Ha Tran

Post by Ha Tran » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:47 pm

Hi,

We are still making the GR in case of ERS functionality activation. Basically, ERS is to enable the generation of invoices in background based upon the GR and PO. For the case of open POs, I would suggest you to close these POs and activate the ERS upon generation of new PO.

Cheers,
HT

pm

Post by pm » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:21 am

Not sure why you say we would need to close those Open PO prior running the MRRL.

I want to use ERS for Rental Service. I have created a Service PO, with 12 QTY and 1000 USD each.

So, I have arranged with Vendor that no invoice is needed to send to us. So, every month, I will do the SE (based on what you says, GR/SE is still needed in ERS process.) with 1 QTY.

Then run MRRL and invoice is created automatically based on the SE I entered for this vendor.

maximus_mm

Post by maximus_mm » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:18 am

If it is a rental service you should be using periodic invoicing plan.and use MRIS for peroidic settlement.Order typr FO.No GR BUT IR required.

pm

Post by pm » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:23 am

For some reason, we're not allowed to use Framework Order. But I am very interested to know the full process of the periodic invoicing and wondering if you can send me the full steps/process of this?

So it is correct that if I use MRRL for Service PO? I will do SE (I thought no SE is required earlier on) every month, and run the MRRL every month.

Kindly advise

Ha Tran

Post by Ha Tran » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:29 am

pm wrote:Not sure why you say we would need to close those Open PO prior running the MRRL.

I want to use ERS for Rental Service. I have created a Service PO, with 12 QTY and 1000 USD each.

So, I have arranged with Vendor that no invoice is needed to send to us. So, every month, I will do the SE (based on what you says, GR/SE is still needed in ERS process.) with 1 QTY.

Then run MRRL and invoice is created automatically based on the SE I entered for this vendor.
The problem is to assure you don't have any pending invoices prior to switching from manually entered invoicing mechanism to automatically-generated invoicing mechanism. Of course, if such precondition is fully assured, then you can continue your ERS feature without closing existing purchasing documents. As far as the invoicing plan is concerned, it is only applicable if your monthly payment amount is fixed. There are several conditions which should be fully met when using Invoicing Plan functionality. If you are interested, get back to me and I will send some related documentation to you.

Cheers,
HT

cvermeu2

Post by cvermeu2 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:56 am

I'm sure older (not yet closed) PO's should be fine, as they've already pulled in the masterdata from vendor and info record. If you update your vendor for ERS and your info record as well, only new PO's should be affected by this change anyway.

Regards
Christo Vermeulen
Why did the chicken cross the road?

...there is absolutely no proof that it was a chicken to begin with!

Zythan

Post by Zythan » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:13 am

cvermeu2 wrote:I'm sure older (not yet closed) PO's should be fine, as they've already pulled in the masterdata from vendor and info record.
Hello,

Your right only the new PO, as of the moment the vendor and/or the info recorded are changed for ERS, are check for by MMRL.

Regards.

Zythan