Don't want to change price in PO

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran, svetja

Faber M

Don't want to change price in PO

Post by Faber M » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:11 am

I have problem in PO process that refer from Contract Value.

Let me explain the sequents :
1. I created Contract value that have price in the item level as price book.
2. I created PO refer from contract Number. The quantity and price copied from contract. The problem is we can change the price in the PO.

Question?
How to make the price as grey area and can't change when we create the PO by contract number?

Ha Tran

Post by Ha Tran » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:27 am

Hi,

Is it true that your PO is always copied from Contract?.

Cheers,
HT

boradiz

Post by boradiz » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:32 am

We made sth like this :
We use PB00 condition. We change the "Amount/percent" changeability of this condition on document processing...So Amount and percentage can not be changed on order.
You can customise this in Purchasing/Conditions/Define Price determination process/ Define condition types.

But this is not enough. You also need to change the netprice field to "display" in screen layout in the relevant field selection ... (Transaction OMF4)
Our field selection for NB order type is NBF (Transaction OMEC).
This setting does not effect PBXX condition, just the user needs to enter the price not on netprice field, but to PBXX condition on the conditions tab.

Ha Tran

Post by Ha Tran » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:52 pm

boradiz wrote:We made sth like this :
We use PB00 condition. We change the "Amount/percent" changeability of this condition on document processing...So Amount and percentage can not be changed on order.
You can customise this in Purchasing/Conditions/Define Price determination process/ Define condition types.

But this is not enough. You also need to change the netprice field to "display" in screen layout in the relevant field selection ... (Transaction OMF4)
Our field selection for NB order type is NBF (Transaction OMEC).
This setting does not effect PBXX condition, just the user needs to enter the price not on netprice field, but to PBXX condition on the conditions tab.
I am afraid this solution will only be working if you can be assured you have maintained all purchasing master data records so that once PO is maintained, the pricing conditions are copied from related master data. Otherwise, your PO can not be generated as end users are not able to update the PO pricing conditions.

Cheers,
HT

boradiz

Post by boradiz » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:40 am

Yes Ha Tran you are right. In fact this is what we wanted: Any user can place a PO but can not change the price on it. (if it is created via a contract or info record)

In fact it is very normal in our case. We use standard cost for also ROH and HAWA, so we need to calculate standard cost and thus need info record/contract for all purchased materials.

What happens if the info record price is wrong :
If the purchasing department forgot to update the price on the correct date, they update the info record (with the correct dates) , and we make "price update" for this PO;which corrects the price on PO w/o manual intervention

Ha Tran

Post by Ha Tran » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:42 am

boradiz wrote:Yes Ha Tran you are right. In fact this is what we wanted: Any user can place a PO but can not change the price on it. (if it is created via a contract or info record)

In fact it is very normal in our case. We use standard cost for also ROH and HAWA, so we need to calculate standard cost and thus need info record/contract for all purchased materials.

What happens if the info record price is wrong :
If the purchasing department forgot to update the price on the correct date, they update the info record (with the correct dates) , and we make "price update" for this PO;which corrects the price on PO w/o manual intervention
In fact, it is hardly possible in practice to maintain the contract for all purchased goods and services and therefore, if the purchasing department fails to make the contract on time, it will definitely have the significant impact onto the system utilization. Anyhow, it is quite good to learn that this is not what has happened in your company :D

Cheers,
HT

Jacques

No change to price on PO when created wrt a contract

Post by Jacques » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:32 am

I have a similar issue - I would like to restrict users from changing the price on the PO as copied from the contract... but only when the price have been adopted from a contract. I've tried and tested the recommendations from "boradiz" but it unfortunately also applies to po's being created without reference to a contract. How do I build in the relevant inelegance?

Please help
J

Zythan

Re: No change to price on PO when created wrt a contract

Post by Zythan » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:10 am

Hello Jacques,

You could try setting up Business Add-In (BAdI) ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST , we did this for the payment terms, so that the payment terms are those on the account view of the vendor and cannot be changed.

BADI are in SAP from 4.7. But must be activated.

Do SPRO
Materials Management
->
Purchasing
->
Business Add-Ins for Purchasing
->
Extend Processing of Enjoy Purchase Order

HTH

Zythan