This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Valuation price in PR

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, svetja, Ha Tran

Valuation price in PR

Postby fadli on Mon Oct 21, 2002 6:15 am

Hi friend,
In PR screen layout, we can change field selection for valuation price. In our system, I already tick that field to become optional, but it still require input when PR created. I already check order type and fldselection.
Please help.

TIA

Fadli

fadli

pr valuation

Postby Joan on Mon Oct 21, 2002 9:44 am

So far, when I create PR, there is always a valuation price - I think SAP gets the PR valuation price from the current unit cost of the material.
Joan

Postby fadli on Mon Oct 21, 2002 7:58 pm

Hi Joan,
In our current business process. User require to input item in PR, even the valuation price of that item is zero/free goods. So, we set field selection valuation price in PR to just optional. But, it didn't work. in SAP help, we can set that field to optional or require.

Thx in advance

Fadli
fadli

Postby Ha Tran on Mon Oct 21, 2002 9:16 pm

Hi Fadli,

As far as the business processes requirements are concerned, the Valuation Price of PRs must be set as mandatory since this is one of the main characteristics to set the Release Strategy based on which the release codes are to be allocated for on-line release of PRs in SAP. In case, this field is optional, once manual PRs are to be maintained, the Release Strategy will not be effective unless end users remember to fill in this Valuation field. What SAP can additionally provide you is to set this field "Display" only (via Transaction Code OMF2). However, it is not recommendable from the business processes point of view.

Hope this will help.

Cheers,
HT
Ha Tran

Postby Fadli on Mon Oct 21, 2002 10:10 pm

Hi Ha Tran,

Thx for the explanation.
In our system, we still not implement release process for PR. So, it shouldn't require to input valuation price. Any idea, plx help.

thx

Fadli
Fadli

Return to Logistics MM