Subcontracting PO

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran, svetja

SAPFAN2k

Subcontracting PO

Post by SAPFAN2k » Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:52 pm

SAP gurus!

We have a requirement as per which for all the available quantity of a material in certain storage location, an automatic sub K PO should be created (batch progrom to be run daily). Now the challenge is in identifying the quantity for which the PO has been made but material has not been shipped to the vendor (541 not done) . This quantity has to be reduced from the available quantity in storage location.

Any suggestions!

Thanks and regard

SapFan2k

Subcontracting PO

Post by SapFan2k » Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:48 am

Any one who encountered the same issue

Ha Tran

Post by Ha Tran » Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:36 pm

Hi,

Maybe, Transaction ME2O can be the right solution for you.

Cheers,
HT

SAPFAN2k

Subcontracting PO

Post by SAPFAN2k » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:37 am

Ha Tran,

The report is not useful in our case as we are intrested in knowing the quantity shipped for the earlier sub k po or not. The batch program will consider all the quantities in the storage location for that material for PO cration irresepective of the material being already considered in the earlier PO, but lying only for shipment. We can goto the MSEG table to get the quantity shipped , but since the MSEG table has millions of entries it will be not be a good option as performance will be very bad.

Any user exit in MB1B is there that may update the 541 quantity in some field in EKPO , then it will be very simple.

Thanks and regards
:)

Ha Tran

Post by Ha Tran » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:55 pm

Hi,

Have you tried to look at standard transaction MB51? I am pretty sure this is what you can use for your specific requirement.

Cheers,
HT

SAPFAN2k

Subcontracting PO

Post by SAPFAN2k » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:57 am

Thanks Ha Tran

Actually we do not want to goto MSEG table at all as it will affect the performance. After ananlysis , what seems to be the only feasible option is using a USER EXIT while saving the transfer posting (541 mvt type) to update the qty in EKPO field. So which will be the relevant user exit in that scenario.

Thanks and regards

SAPFAN2k

Sub contracting PO

Post by SAPFAN2k » Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:52 pm

Does any body knows the user exit in program SAPMM07M ,which can be used here.

Thanks

Sapfan2k

Post by Sapfan2k » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:40 am

Any suggestions

Dartan

Post by Dartan » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:20 pm

Hello,

The exit in SMOD is the only one starting with MF_ or MB_, so you can do a search using MF_* (sorry, no access to system at the moment). Th program name is ZXMBCU02 (this I remember).

Cheers

Sapfan2k

User Exit

Post by Sapfan2k » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:56 pm

Hi there

I have already tried aLL the exits MB* and MF * are not relevant here.
If you get the access to system anytime then do respond

Thank You

Dartan

Post by Dartan » Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:42 pm

Hello,

The specific enhancement is MB_CF001. As mentioned, this is quite a powerful exit as it receives all the information on goods movement (mkpf/mseg info for GI/GR/TP). You have to hard-code your mvmt 541, then perform your checks/updates.

However, I want to caution any attempt to perform a direct update of any standard SAP tables (EKPO in your case), if that is your solution. You should instead change the PO quantity through a bapi or some other standard tool.

Cheers