RVV50R10C Default Order Sorting

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

abap4fun

RVV50R10C Default Order Sorting

Post by abap4fun » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:25 am

Hi all,
I need some understanding with the background delivery create job using program RVV50R10C. What is the default sort criteria for the orders to create the delivery?

We have a situation where gATP/BOP confirmed sales orders more than the available stocks. When the delivery batch job create, one of the confirmed orders didn't get the delivery create because there's no physical stocks available. The order which didn't have the delivery create was the one which the users want to have the delivery create first. I'm not aware of any sort setting during the delivery create to control it.

Some posting online saying that the default sort is the Request Delivery date. So the orders having the oldest RDD get the delivery create first? Not sure how to debug the program to see the actual behavior.

Thanks.
Hotlanta, USA

Frank Lai

Re: RVV50R10C Default Order Sorting

Post by Frank Lai » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:14 pm

HI

Sort order in VL10 is not explicit nor freely definable. It is control somewhat through the list profile which you can see/change under the user role tab. Inside the profile there are two fields. First is the field called layout (T168-DARSTELLUNG). If it has a value of 1 (sequential), things will be sorted by delivery date. If it has a value of 2 (hierarchical) it will be sorted based on the value of field called key type (T168-KEY_TYPE). For example a value of 1 (ship to source document) will result in processing by ship to and order number. Have a look at the values of the data domain and see if any of them is useful to you.

There is one value 9 that saids by userexit. I have not used this one myself so I can't see how exactly this one works. If you want to see how things behave in the debugger. Start at routine POSTAB_DISPLAY this is where the delivery due list entries are sorted etc.

One alternative I can suggest that doe no involve coding is this. Assign a high delivery priority number to the orders that you want to have first dips at the physical stock. Then run the program with a select variant that said delivery greater than or equal this high number. This way orders with high delivery priority get stock first. Then run the program again without specifying delivery priority to process all the other orders.

Frank

abap4fun

Post by abap4fun » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:18 pm

Thank you Frank for the explanation. I see that you are still active on the site. You answered to my posts in the past too. I haven't been using this site for a long time.
Hotlanta, USA

Frank Lai

Post by Frank Lai » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:47 am

You are welcome. This site is pretty inactive nowadays. Was away for a quite a while and kind of came back to this once recently. Even though site is somewhat inactive, the questions here are more worthwhile to answer. Unlike SCN which is chock full of questions that can be answered if the poster only do a little research and/or thinking.

Frank