This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Change of email ID in Customer Invoice output

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

Change of email ID in Customer Invoice output

Postby subodhd » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:12 pm

We are on ECC6.
We send customer invoices by email (output medium = 5/ external send) and it picks up the email ID from the customer master and it works fine.

However at times, we would like to change the customer email ID (from the default email id maintained in the customer master) to some other email ID , just for that particular invoice, as a new output type (since the first output would have gone to the default email ID from the customer master).

However I do not see any field in the output section within the invoice document where one can manually enter the email Id (nor can I see the default email id from the customer master being defaulted into the invoice output section, which can be overwritten manually).

Under the communication method, I see the comm strategy = CS01 (Internet).

Am I missing something?

It would not make sense to change the email Id in the customer master every time we want to send the invoice to some other email ID (different to the default email Id).

Another question is - is it possible to send the same customer invoice output to multiple email Ids at the customer end? And how do we achieve this in SAP? We can always store multiple email IDs in the customer master - general data. However how will the system know that in some customers we want to send the invoice to only one default email Id, while in other cases we want to send it to all the email IDs maintained in the customer master?

Thanks
SD
subodhd

Return to Logistics SD