This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Multi-level Sales BOM explosion with Alternate BOMs

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

Multi-level Sales BOM explosion with Alternate BOMs

Postby Ramarao » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:30 pm

I have a three level sales document structure, with top two levels setup as ERLA in material master Item category - with requirement transfer happenning at the lowest (3rd level) to MRP.

I prefer having alternate BOMs at the second level (item 2 --> Item 3), but these are not offered for selection inside sales order. Only the first level BOM (item 1 --> item 2) alternatives are showing for selection interactively in Sales order, and second level alternate # 1 is always being chosen without user choice.

To workaround this, we are forced to create a dummy 2nd level material without a business reason because then we can maintain alternate BOMs at the first level instead for the actual and dummy - and then populate the different unique BOMs underneath. This solution is not elegant.

What do I need to do to let the second level alternate BOMs be considered inside my sales order? Is the Sales BOM explosion process follow some BOM Application that controls this purely via config or do I have to do some coding?

TIA
Ramarao
- Ramarao
Ramarao

Re: Multi-level Sales BOM explosion with Alternate BOMs

Postby helfaya » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:35 am

hi, there
in BOM you can create the sec. level materials as you choose so now you have to make confi. in Sales order Docu. in items section
so it will appear directly
helfaya

Return to Logistics SD