This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

SAP upgrade related question

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

SAP upgrade related question

Postby subodhd » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:11 pm

Hi All
We are on ECC6.
In the system config we have some cases where we have modified values in the standard document types e.g. Order type OR in sales . When we upgrade in future , we are not sure if our modified definition of OR sales order type will be overwritten with standard SAP OR order type and then again we will have to change the OR order type definition back to how it was before the upgrade. Or is upgrade process clever enough to leave our definition of OR order type as it is and not modify it back to how it was in standard SAP?

Some people think that it is ok to modify the values in the config for the std SAP objects and think that upgraded process will not affect these objects.

I was under the impression that upgrade process will revert back all the changes to the std SAP config definitions back to how it is in std SAP. Hence I used to prefer making a copy of std SAP object e.g. OR order type to ZOR and then make whatever changes I want to ZOR, just to be safe since we know that ZOR definition and it's values will not be overwritten during upgrade for sure.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
SD
subodhd

Re: SAP upgrade related question

Postby Sharpshooter » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:01 pm

IMG configuration is not overwritten during upgrade.
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Return to Logistics SD