This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Single Billing document that merge outbound and return deliv

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

Single Billing document that merge outbound and return deliv

Postby emiliano2001 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:08 pm

Dear all,

I have received request from my customer that for particular client SAP have to post single billing sales document that have to merge everthing:
-outbound deliveries
-inbound deliveries
-credit memo
-debit memo

Basically all the customers that we have we normally have "dedicated billing document", let me say:
- sales orders with LF outbound deliveries have invoice F2
- return oders with LR return deliveries have credit notes RE
- credit memo for price are G2 billing document
- debit memo for price have L2 billing document

In this case this particular customer (is the first time that I received such request), would like to have one billing document that post together returns, shipments, credit/debit memo

SAP standard support this request? anyway received this kin of request?

Thank you
emiliano2001

Re: Single Billing document that merge outbound and return deliv

Postby Frank Lai » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:24 am

Hi

Not sure if this is a wise thing to do but if you are really determined to make it happen, the following should work:

1. Change your normal orders to have order related billing since returns, debits and credits are all order related billing
2. Change all your item categories used by your normal orders to have order related billing relevance
3. Create a new billing type and assign it to all the affected order, return, credit and debit memo request document types.
4. Create all the necassary billing copy controls for this new billing type. Pay close attention to what setting you really need when it comes to billing quantity, positive/negative indicator and pricing type. replicating from the existing copy controls will not work for you.

Mind you even after you do all of the above you may still have invoice splitting on you because of things like differnt inco terms, payment terms etc.

Frank

PS you may want to consider customer statement of accounts from AR to see if that will do what you want
Frank Lai

Return to Logistics SD