This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

2 purchase order created for the same purchase req item

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

2 purchase order created for the same purchase req item

Postby olatornblom » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:40 am

Hello

We have an issue where the following has happened in ECC6.0:

1. Purchase requisition for items created from service order (created with IW31) with fixed vendor
2. User ran ME59 and created purchase order for items
3. Purchase order created and saved for full quantities of purchase requisition from step 1
4. User then by accident entered transaction ME21N, was able to pick up the purchase requisition (even though it has been converted in step 3) and create a new purchase order. Resulting in duplicate purchase orders for the same purchase requisition.

Questions:

Is this a known problem to anyone?
Can this be configured and allowed/disallowed somehow?

Pls advice.

BR,
OT
olatornblom

Re: 2 purchase order created for the same purchase req item

Postby prasec » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:12 am

One option I know is that there's a config setting that you can do on the PM/CS side c/o menu path: Plant Maintenance and Customer Service-->Maintenance and Service Processing-->Maintenance and Service Orders-->Functions and Settings for Order Types-->Define Change Docs, Collective Purc. Req. Indicator, Operation No. Interval. On the plant/order type combination that you are using, activate the Workflow for purchase order settings. This indicator will specify whether a purchase order already exists.
prasec

Return to Logistics SD