This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Material Availability Date in sales order

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

Material Availability Date in sales order

Postby wwwchanw » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:03 am

Dear Experts,

I have set the transportation lead time as 2 days via transaction code 0VTC.

Via transaction code VA01, I created sales order of material A and sell it to customer X and ship material A from delivery plant 1 . My goods issue date is January 30th and my material availablity date is correctly shown as January 28th because transportation lead time is 2 days.

Now, I create sales order of material A and sell it to customer X and ship material A from delivery plant 2. My goods issue date is January 30th and my material availability date is INCORRECTLY shown as January 30th. Why does system ignore the 2 days lead time for material availability date when I ship material A from plant 2 ?

*For your information, I check the material availablity date by highlighting the sales item and then select "goto" --> "item" --> "schedule lines" --> Highlight item --> Click on "Shipping" button. *

Please kindly help and advise.

Thank you very much for your advice in advance.
wwwchanw

Re: Material Availability Date in sales order

Postby sapsd622 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:45 am

There is more to those scheduling dates than just the lead time set in a route. Since you could have different settings configured based on the shipping point, check your configuration between the two shipping points in SPR0 -- Logistics Execution -- Shipping -- Basic Shipping Functions -- Scheduling -- Delivery Scheduling and Transportation Scheduling.
sapsd622

Re: Material Availability Date in sales order

Postby Frank Lai » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:08 am

Hi

Given that tranportation lead time is route specific, my first guess is that when you ship from plant 2, it either determined a different route than the one you used from plant 1 or it failed to determine a route at all. Please check what is the route determined in your sales order proceed accordingly.

Frank
Frank Lai

Return to Logistics SD