This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

billing item partner and billing header partner

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

billing item partner and billing header partner

Postby jolinchew » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:38 am

I understand that billing item partner may be different from billing header partner, so why we need additional partners in billing item, what's the use of them? for my case, I have one additional ship to party ZE in item partner , which is not shown in billing header, how will I know where this ZE is used for?
jolinchew

Re: billing item partner and billing header partner

Postby Frank Lai » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:58 am

Hi

SAP is giving you options to meet your business needs to a certain extent. For invoices, sold to and payer and by necessity at the header level. Others are up to you to decide whether you want them at the header or at the item level. Standard SAP puts ship to at the item level becuase of the possibility that some companies may want to combine multiple deliveries into one invoice. If your company never ever combine deliveries into one invoice, you could choose to have the ship to partner at the billing header level.

As to your additional ship to, same thing, you could add it to the item level partner determination procedure to have it show up at the item level if you wish.

Frank
Frank Lai

Postby jolinchew » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:44 pm

thanks, but I have different opinion:

(1) one delivery, one invoice, at item level of delivery document, we must have one ship to

(2) multiple delivery, one invoice, at item level of delivery docuemnt,we must have one payer

(3) order combination, SO item level, we must have one ship to
jolinchew

Postby Frank Lai » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:20 am

Hi

correction to your last post.

1. I was addressing your question about partner functions on the invoice. If you don't ever want deliveries to be combined, then you could either leave the ship to at the item level or move it to the header. Either way, the invoice split is induced by the choice of your copy routine. Ship to by definition exists on the header of the delivery not item. As such, you can only have one per delivery no matter what.
2. Payer is your linke to AR. As such, it has nothing to do with deliveries. In fact you only get partner functions at the delivery header. Not items. And if you have a look at the content of the partner procedure for the delivery, you will not even find payer at all.
3. This is you kind of got it right

Frank
Frank Lai

Return to Logistics SD