This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

VK11 UTX2 with different rates for a county

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

VK11 UTX2 with different rates for a county

Postby angel4sap » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:12 pm

Dear Gurus,

I have a client in the USA and I know that I can set up different tax rates per state (UTX1), county (UTX2) and city (UTX3) with VK11.
My problem is that I have some counties that have a different county tax rate depending on the city.

ZIP City County State Statestax Cntstax Cntlclstax Cnt combined Ctystax Ctylclstax Cty combined
36322 DALEVILLE DALE AL 0.04 0.01 0 0.01 0.04 0 0.04
36322 LEVEL PLAINS DALE AL 0.04 0.02 0 0.02 0.02 0 0.02

In this case we have 2 different tax rates for the county DALE.
1. Daleville: the tax for the state AL is 4%, for the county DALE is 1% and for the city DALEVILLE is 4%.
2. Level Plains: the tax for the state AL is 4%, for the county DALE is 2% and for the city LEVEL PLAINS is 2%.

In VK11 I can´t create 2 entries with same validity for county DALE, Region AL, that are taxable.

Do you have any suggestions how to implement that?
Thanks a lot!
Evelyn
angel4sap

Re: VK11 UTX2 with different rates for a county

Postby Frank Lai » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:24 pm

Hi

Given that your county tax is different based on city, you will need to add to access sequence UTX2. Suggest you go about it as follows:

1. Run V/07 and call up access sequence UTX2 ( if you created your own already, substitute your access sequence). Just before the access with table 041, insert an access with table 042 which is what you use for UTX3 (country/state/county/city/customer tax class/material tax classification). Mark it as exlcusive
2. Go into field assignment for your new access, change the source field for customer and material tax classification to be taxk2 and taxm2 respecively. This will force pricing to use the count level tax classification.

Now you go run vk11 and create a county tax condition record for your city exceptions and put in the desired % using the new access. The rest of the county can use the old access. As far as SD is concerned that should do it.

One more thing, you should get hold of your FI friends and have them create a new output tax code in FTXP for this new county sales tax percentage and use that tax code in your new UTX2 condition records. Eventhough this is not mandatory for SD, it is desirable to have a new tax code in FI align your tax condition record with the new tax code because standard SAP Tax reporting is tax code oriented so if you don't have a new tax code for this situation, reconciling tax owing to the government could be trickier.

Frank
Frank Lai

Return to Logistics SD