This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

view order log

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

view order log

Postby jolinchew » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:33 am

we get a notice from manager, for product abcd in July, we have order backlog about 1000 KG, I want to know how to view order backlog in MMBE, do we need to filter by stock type?

also if I have a new sales order for ABCD 100 kg, we do delivery 30 KG, but not PGI, what's the order backlog, is it 100 KG?

after we do PGI, is backlog become 70 KG?

after we do sales invoice but not released to accounting, is order backlog still 70KG?
jolinchew

Re: view order log

Postby Frank Lai » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:31 pm

Hi

Kind of interesting that you regard MMBE as an order backlog. It is more of a stock situation because it tells you how much is in unrestricted and quality inspection etc. To your specific questions...

if you create a new sales order for 100KG. The unrestricted will remain unchanged. The sales order quantity in the detail display will go up by 100KG. If you create a delivery for 30KG, then the scheduled for delivery field will go up by 30KG and the sales order quantity will go down by 30KG while unrestricted remains unchanged.

When you post PGI, unrestricted and schedule for delivery will both go down by 30KG.

Suggest you have a look at VA05 and see if you can use that as your order backlog

Frank
Frank Lai

Postby jolinchew » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:49 am

In VA05, how to see the order backlog? I should choose order status="not deliveried", then subtotal the confirmed qty? pls advice
jolinchew

Postby Frank Lai » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:37 am

Hi

You are correct. That is what I am thinking. One thing though, you need to be aware of is the way SAP defines its statuses. An order line is considered open until you create a delivery for it. Then it is marked as completed. Whether the delivery itself had been pick pack or shipped is irrelevant.

So, if your definition of an order backlog matches to the SAP status definiton, chances VA05 could be used as order backlog for you. If your defintion of order backlog is the delivery must be ship before the order can be removed, then VA05 is probably not the thing for you.

Frank
Frank Lai

Postby manojj » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:12 am

In VA05, initial screen, select open orders.
In the report screen you can check the delivery date to determine if the order is on backlog.
manojj

Postby Frank Lai » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:20 am

Hi

Like I said before, depends on your definition of what is an open order. It is one of the more common issues I encounter working with different clients through out the years. SAP considers an order as "closed/complete" when a delivery is created and mark it accordingly in VBUK/VBUP. If this is also how your company/client define an open order then select open order works just fine.

However, many clients does not consider an order to be close/complete until the customer receives the goods. If that is the case, selecting open orders will exlcude orders with delivery created but not PGI yet.

Frank
Frank Lai

Return to Logistics SD