This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Sales Bill of Material (ERLA) Serial Number - HL Return Item

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

Sales Bill of Material (ERLA) Serial Number - HL Return Item

Postby Brahio » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:56 pm

Hi,
We have created some configuration where we have an ERLA Item Category Group that is allowing us to Bill and Price at the HL item and delivery the components. This works great for outbound order and deliveries. We have also setup this BOM whereby recursiveness is allowed. That is, we are selling this HL number, but we are also stocking this number with other components needed for delivery (other boxes). So the delivery of this item on the outbound order essentially PGI's the components and does a confirmation of service on the top HL item. The serial number is required on the lower level component, but not required on the HL component.

(By the way, we had also customized this ERLA to use different item categories to ensure the top number was not relevant for delivery (only Billing))

Sales Order
Material
111111 (HL Material) $500
111111 (Component 1)
211112 (component 2)

Delivery
Material
111111 (HL Material) (no assignment of serial number)
111111 (Component 1) - Assign Serial #123
211112 (component 2) - Assign Serial #456

Invoice
111111 (HL Material) $500
My problem is on the reverse or when we return this item, the return delivery is requiring a serial number at the top HL item. Like the outbound, there is no movement associated with this (as defined in my sched line category), so I would not expect a serial number to be required (should only be confirmation of service). Is there something deeper I need to look at as to why a serial number is required on my HL Item on the return (not a outbound LF delivery)?
:shock:
Thanks for any assistance!!!!
Brahio
Brahio

Return to Logistics SD