This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Confirmation of service for non-stock items

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

Confirmation of service for non-stock items

Postby saphir2 » Thu May 15, 2014 2:44 am

Hi fellow SD-ers

I'd really appreciate if someone could give me a pointer to the database table where the confirmation of service for non-stock items is stored. It appears in the document flow with a unique number but when I hit "display document" I get error VR115.

I'm well aware that non-stock items don't generate material documents at GI. However I need to send a confirmation email to the customer upon "GI" (which is actually just a confirmation that a third party item in transit has been picked up by a carrier).

Thanks much
Give a man a fish and he'll think you're weird.
saphir2

Re: Confirmation of service for non-stock items

Postby Frank Lai » Wed May 21, 2014 3:56 pm

Hi

You can't find it because it does not exist. When a confirmation of service is done and the document flow table entries are created. The "document number" of the confirmation of service is just a made up number consisting of the Julian date and last four digits of the delivery number. No database record of any kind is made.

Also, if all you want to do is to send an email. What you should do is to use output determination to create output type for your delivery header. Assign requirement 1 to your output procedure to make sure GI status is C. Create output condition record with medim 5. With a little help from your basis friend to run SCOT and set up the email path and you are good to go.

Frank
Frank Lai

Re: Confirmation of service for non-stock items

Postby saphir2 » Mon May 26, 2014 4:06 am

Cheers Frank. Much appreciated.
Give a man a fish and he'll think you're weird.
saphir2

Return to Logistics SD