This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

VC BOM not exploding on return to sales order

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

VC BOM not exploding on return to sales order

Postby andrewmcgrath » Thu May 08, 2014 9:19 am

Hi Experts,

I am having an issue with the Sales Order BOM working correctly the first few times I enter the Sales Order, then it stops working eventually.
To give a bit more detail, we create a Sales Order and make the initial selections through the item configuration. The BOM properly explodes and we get the subcomponents in the sales order. A few months later we reenter the Sales Order and make some more selections through the item configuration. When we leave configuration, the Order BOM is not exploding and the new sub items do not appear.

I have confirmed the selection conditions on the BOM are working correctly (If I were to create a new Sales Order with the same material and configuration everything works properly); however some of the item dependencies have changed in the interim.

We do not want to reject the Order and create a new one due to the FI implications with the down payments. Your advice is greatly appreciated, let me know if more information is required.
andrewmcgrath

Re: VC BOM not exploding on return to sales order

Postby mhetzel » Tue May 20, 2014 11:12 am

I presume that your changes in the object dependencies are causing inconsistencies in your VC model and thus causing issues wiht teh BoM explosion.

If you are managing orders over a long period of time and at the saame time making changes to your VC model you will need to use engineering change management.

Best Regards,

Martin
mhetzel

Return to Logistics SD