This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

VA01 Partner function custom search help

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

VA01 Partner function custom search help

Postby Eggy » Mon May 05, 2014 7:44 am

When creating a sales order, there are several partner functions that can be entered (Sold-To, Ship-To, Bill-To etc.). We have a custom partner function ZK for which we want to determine a personnel number. When I press F4, I need to call a custom search-help which presents me with all the available options. Currently all I get is a "HR Object selection" popup, which is nothing like a regular search-help.

Before I start debugging and abapping to get this to work the way I want to, I can imagine that with a custom partner function comes a custom search-help option in customizing. Big question is of course, am I right and if so, where to configure it :) Thanks in advance for the help!
Eggy

Re: VA01 Partner function custom search help

Postby Gothmog » Mon May 05, 2014 7:55 am

The search help used for Personnel numbers is PREM.
You could append your custom search help to this collective search help.

The "HR Object Selection" is the "Free search" search help - there's a button on the bottom right to see the other available search helps.
68 74 74 70 3a 2f 2f 74 69 6e 79 75 72 6c 2e 63 6f 6d 2f 62 64 6f 37 6d 77 67
Gothmog

Postby Eggy » Mon May 05, 2014 8:02 am

Thanks for the quick reply! So we do have the option to customize it a bit. Problem here is that we are using non-SAP personnel numbers, so the regular search-help will not return the correct values. Is there a proper way of creating an elementary search help just for our custom field?
Eggy

Postby Gothmog » Mon May 05, 2014 8:09 am

The problem would be to assign it to the field - I'd have to delve deeper into the code to check if there's a suitable BAdI or exit, but it seems that for a partner of type 'Personnel number', this PREM search help is hardcoded in the program.
68 74 74 70 3a 2f 2f 74 69 6e 79 75 72 6c 2e 63 6f 6d 2f 62 64 6f 37 6d 77 67
Gothmog

Postby Eggy » Mon May 05, 2014 8:16 am

I'll give it a go, perhaps the customer will accept this option. Would save us a lot of trouble :) Thanks again!

Update:
I'm able to add the elementary search to the collective one and select my custom personnel number. But then the next problem introduces itself: SAP does not accept this number as an HR record, which is true. Even if I would be able to circumvent this error, the system will not accept any non-numeric values. The custom personnel 'numbers' can contain characters.

So I'm thinking we should leave the partner type PE, since that will always expect an SAP HR personnel number. The standard list of partner types does not provide me a custom type to (ab)use:
Code: Select all
A     Work center
AP    Contact Persons
KU    Customer
LI    Vendor
LS    Logical system
MA    Mail Address
MP    Mail Partner
O     Organizational Unit
PE    Personnel Number
S     Position
US    User
VS    Shipping Point
WK    Plant

Would be nice if we could add a custom partner type, that could solve all our problems :)
Eggy

Return to Logistics SD