This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

LIS / SIS Table Updates Incorrect

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

LIS / SIS Table Updates Incorrect

Postby amyfb » Fri May 02, 2014 10:43 am

Hello!

I have created a new LIS/SIS table using sales orders and have set the updating to "B" (replace), however, the data is accumulating, not replacing. Version &( was created and copied to version 000. Neither version gets updated with the historical or new orders created, I get a record for every Req Del Date. The characteristics of the table are Sales org/Division/Payer/Sold to / Ship to / Material and the key field is Reqd Del Date. I want the table to provide the most recent order date for a customer/material. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get the data to replace instead of logging a new record?

Thank you in advance,

Amy Branham
amyfb

Re: LIS / SIS Table Updates Incorrect

Postby Frank Lai » Wed May 14, 2014 9:13 am

Hi

Not 100% sure I understand your issue fully. Anyway, infostructure always have Period of agrregation as part of its primary key definition whether you like it or not. By the sound sof what you say it appears that you chose day as you activate your update rules in OMO1. The other thing about update type A vs B is that it only applies to key figures not characteristics or the aggregation period of the infostructure.

That explains why you get a new record for each new requested delivery date. To do what you want, you will need to:

1. Change your period of aggregation to a month or week ( I am not sure if you can create an info structure without having to define no aggregation period which is really what you need ).
2. create a key figure for requested delivery date in your infostructure.
3. Assign update rule B to the requested delivery date key figure

Frank
Frank Lai

Return to Logistics SD