This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Incompletion procedure error for 1 field

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

Incompletion procedure error for 1 field

Postby musj001 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:25 pm

Hello,
I would like to have one field in the incompletion procedure show an error and not allow saving and have other fields within the same procedure with a warning only and allow saving. Is this possible? I have only found setting error/warning possibile at the incompletion procedure level only and not at the field level. Can someone help?

Thanks,
Joe M.
Joe M.
musj001

Re: Incompletion procedure error for 1 field

Postby Sharpshooter » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:38 am

One possibility:
The same field is contained in 2 different procedures invoked in the same document.

Dave
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Re: Incompletion procedure error for 1 field

Postby Frank Lai » Wed May 21, 2014 4:16 pm

Hi

I am afraid you are trying to make incompetion control to do something it is not intended to do. Incompletion control only warns you what is missing before the document is deemed complete. ( if you know this and have discounted using status group already skip to the next paragraph )Instead you control per field what is allowed as next steps by setting the status column in OVA2 to the status group you want. For example, pricing field is assigned status group 4 which makes it such that you can save the order but no subsequent transactions can be performed.

If you really want to error out certain fields, you will need to put code in the userexit userexit_field_modification in MV45AFZZ.

Frank
PS the warning field simply tells SAP to put up a warning message or not. It does not make a field create an error
Frank Lai

Return to Logistics SD