This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Credit Control in Sales Order

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

Credit Control in Sales Order

Postby MCKK » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:51 am

Hi expert,

want to check if this is a normal behaviour..
This customer has credit issues (maybe over credit limit)

i. when i create a sales order (value = $800), the sales order is credit blocked.
ii. i do a credit release (VKM3) on the sales order.
iii. then i create a delivery and PGI.
iv. if now i go into the sales order and add a 2nd line item (value < $800), the sales order is not credit blocked. But if the item value is more than $800, the sales order will be credit blocked.

Am wondering if this is a standard normal behaviour, that the system will disregard the item that has been delivered. Please help.

cheers,
MCKK
MCKK

Re: Credit Control in Sales Order

Postby sapsd622 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:00 pm

This is possbily controlled by credit management settings in configuration. Check the appropriate credit control area and risk category configuration in IMG transaction OVA8, specifically the "Released documents unchecked" settings.
sapsd622

Re: Credit Control in Sales Order

Postby MCKK » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:58 pm

Hi,

I have checked the settings in OVA8.
it's blank in "Released document are still unchecked".
And it has Dynamic settings checked.

i realise that after credit released, the credit released value is stored in VBAK-AMTBL.
And subsequently, if i add a new item, system will take the order value minus items that has been delivered and checked against the VBAK-AMTBL.

Was thinking if it's possible to consider the items that have been delivered in the sales order during calculation. Or reduce or reset the value in VBAK-AMTBL when a item has been delivered.

regards/thanks,
mckk
MCKK

Return to Logistics SD