This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

inboud delivery and shipment

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

inboud delivery and shipment

Postby Trevorm » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:00 am

Hi

Can someone please help?
Is it possible to load freight costs either on the delivery or shipment.
i am creating an creating an inbound delivery from a PO and then a shipment so if the quantity is 100 i am creating
an inbound delivery and shipment for 20 which needs a freights cost of 10 for example then another for quantity of 80 with a different freight cost.

Is this possible.

Thanks

Trevor
Trevorm

Your business context is...

Postby akrason » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:54 am

... not quite clear to me.
Should we understand that you pay inbound freight either to vendor's transporter or to himself.
Then once you deliver customer you want to carry over to the sold-to-party the freight paid for in procurement process?
Will you also have a new outbound freight from you to deliver-to-party which will have to added up?
Andrzej
ajkrason@gmail.com
akrason

Re: inboud delivery and shipment

Postby Trevorm » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:24 am

Hi Akrason

there is a partial delivery of goods with a specific freight cost so the first delivery will come in for the PO with a freight cost of 10
then later next month the next delivery will come in with a different freight cost say 20, can i via delivery/shipment add this new cost to the delivery.

Thanks

Trevor
Trevorm

Without explicit...

Postby akrason » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:54 am

... answers to my previous questions I just might only guess the answer is "yes" at least to the first two of them.
So one more question for better understanding: are you in "direct delivery" or storage location "cross-docking" business scheme?
Andrzej
ajkrason@gmail.com
akrason

Postby Trevorm » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:21 am

Hi
sorry yes and direct storage.
I see there in transport planing that you can setup the cost for the delivery VI01 but will it work for my scenario.
Will it update the purchase order with the correct freight cost for the different deliveries.

Thanks again for the help
Trevorm

Postby akrason » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:38 am

Hi,
I was hoping to help you since I am also interested myself in such scenario.
Hence all those questions of mine quite precise.
I plan to set up shipment documents to deliver-to-parties with transportation cost for our deliveries from the stock on hand.
Here the IMG settings are quite straigtforward and just necessary to set up.
However we also sell directly from vendor quite a lot of technical products destinated to construction sites of our customers and that we do not want to keep in stock.
As we are in "cost plus service" pricing rule I will also need to carry-on vendor freight to customer billing when we indicate his site as delivery address in purchase order.
I am not yet through the design step but the fact that I can copy freight cost from outgoing shipment to customer billing makes me thinking this should also be possible for incoming shipment to customer billing in cas of direct delivery.
Can we stay in touch on this topic?
Andrzej
ajkrason@gmail.com
akrason

Postby Trevorm » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:38 am

yes please we can stay in touch and thanks for the info
Trevorm

Return to Logistics SD