This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

PO number and PO details

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

PO number and PO details

Postby akrason » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:04 am

Hi,

As standard SAP behavior the system copies the contents of "PO Number" (sales order header) into "PO Details" (sales order item) when we add a new item via VA02.
How can I prevent it?

Ideally I would like to allow the system to do so while the sales order is created via VA01.
However when the user needs to add a new item he should leave the field empty.
Unfortunately our users forget to do so quite often what causes us some troubles with customer feedback.
Sales orders are created automatically via incoming interface (not EDI!).
"PO Number" and "PO Details" contain customer's own ID numbers.
However new added items are additional services not initially ordered by the customer (no ID number) but compulsory for order execution.
Once the order is created and processed we automatically provide feedback to customer via outcoming interface.
Andrzej
ajkrason@gmail.com
akrason

Re: PO number and PO details

Postby Frank Lai » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:47 am

Hi

That is not quite what standard SAP behaviour as you described it. When you input a PO number into the sales order header. It is stored in VBKD-BSTKD with an item number of 0000. As you create the sales order line items and if there is nothing different about any of the fields in VBKD ( such as PO, INCO Terms, payment terms). SAP does not create an item specific VBKD entry.

What you see when you go to the item order data tab could very be the PO number from the header. SAP's code knows to look for an item specific VBKD first and if it does not find it, then is goes and displays the header one for you. If you always have VBKD entries for both header and line items, it is most likely that your order interface is forcing in the line items entries when it does the sales order create BAPI call.

Suggest you look into using the move_field_to_vbkd in mv45afzz. Check for sales order change (T168-TRTYP = 'V'). If it is you can blank out VBKD-BSTKD.

Frank
Frank Lai

Postby akrason » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:10 am

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your explanation concerning VA01.
A bit clever now I went through again and I confirm your statement.
Do you know where I can find the exhaustive list of VBKD field relevant?

Another point: T168 refers to "Screen Control in Purchasing" while I am concerned with ADV. Could you comment?
Andrzej
ajkrason@gmail.com
akrason

Postby Sharpshooter » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:06 am

I think you need to use T180, not T168.
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Postby akrason » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:02 am

HI,
Thanks for your suggestions (and correction!).
So here is my feedback: I have limited myself so far to generating a pop-up warning message inviting our users to check the content of "PO details" field before saving changes (new item) in VA02.
If this is not enough to have the right data maintained in sales orders then I will probably go further and follow your suggestions.
Andrzej
ajkrason@gmail.com
akrason

Return to Logistics SD