This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Product selection and BOM main item

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

Product selection and BOM main item

Postby Denisa » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:22 am

Hello,

I have a question about product selection and BOM (item category LUMF).

Does anybody have an experience with following request:
BOM LUMF (header level, main item) should be substituted (outcome A) by a regular product NORM.

This is a type of substitution when normally 2 products - source and target - are added in the order with special item categories (defined by item usage PSHP and PSEL) and it works when both - source and target - are NORM. But is seems to not work for LUMF and NORM.

In all SAP notes I find rather than a product selection is not possible for BOM sub-items. But the question is : is it possible for BOM main item as a source product?

Thank you in advance.
Denisa

Re: Product selection and BOM main item

Postby KrisSap1 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:36 am

BOM is a product when sold/ordered will consist of sub items also along with the Main component.
However Item cat usage i.e PSEL,PSA1 etc are only used for classification or differentiation but may not impact the Item cat determination.

BOM Header Item will be with Item Cat group LUMF.

SaTy ITCGr DefC
OR LUMF Zitem1

Now sub items sold as part of the BOM will be like whole product sold and new Item cat to be assigned for Sub items.
SaTy ITCGr Hlevel ITca DefC
OR NORM Zitem1 ZItem2

Now you need to have material master for 2 items with Item Cat group assigned in Sales View for LUMF and also NORM.

Then upon doing the above I assume it automatically picks up for pricing in Sales order or any Sales document type.

Hope this rings a bell........... :)

Hari'Kris
Singapore

-----------@---------
KrisSap1

Re: Product selection and BOM main item

Postby Denisa » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:44 am

Hello Hari'Kris,

Thank you for your answer.

But my question was not about item category determination in general case but rather about product selection form product A (LUMF) to B (NORM).
The master data for this product selection is managed in VB11/VB12.
For two NORM products (as a source and target) the customizing is done with item category usage PSHP and PSEL but for LUMF and NORM even with this customizing it does not work.

Do you have an experience to set up a product selection for LUMF to NORM?

Bets regards,
Denisa

Return to Logistics SD