This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Reference cond value from SD condition to MM condition

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

Reference cond value from SD condition to MM condition

Postby sapmaniasd » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:36 pm

hi,

I've a requirement where my condition type for Purchase Order will be based on the condition type in the sale order.

Let's say in the sales order, i've called ZZSD= customer price = 100

In the Purchase Order, I would like the base price e.g., ZZMM = Purchase Order base price = 80% of customer price = 80% of ZZSD
So my idea is,if I refernece the value from the sales condition to the Purchase order, then I can define a % condition type in the Purchase order and calculate the price.

this way I'll not maintain the condition records twice. Is there a way this can be handled?
Also note that the SD and MM condition access sequence might be different. I know SAP provides the capability of refernece condition type but I'm not sure how that works? If I use that, will the access sequence in the SD and MM condition types need to be same?

any response is apprecaited.

thanks.,
Pat
sapmaniasd

Re: Reference cond value from SD condition to MM condition

Postby Martin_US » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:51 pm

As far as I recall, not without some coding.

There is a BABI *GET_ORDER_DETAILS* or some such thing, whereby you can get all the condition types of a sales order nicely returned in a table. You could scan through that table and find the condition and it's value and then do your processing in the PO. That way you also don't have to care about access sequence and any such thing. You might have to think about what should happen in the event that the price you get could cause logical conflicts. i.e. be lower than the PO price, yadda, yadda.

My assumption is that SAP wouldn't copy condition types and values to a PO. I am pretty sure of that, but maybe someone knows better.
Martin_US

Postby KrisSap1 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:59 pm

Hi Pat,
I remember achieving this feature with std.SAP config in the Pricing cond

For simplicity I have used the same Pricing cond type maintained in both M/06 and V/06.
Assigned the MM Pricing cond types in the Reference Cond type field(V/06) and Application reference as M.
I have also used same Acc.seq with table fields for both MM and SD Pricing conditions.

Now when the SD Pricing condition is maintained as ZERO amount then automatically the price was updated
from MM pricing condition which was having a Value.

I may assume if the Acc.seq is different for both SD and MM but if the Condition types are same the functionality will still work.

I hope the above helps.

Hari'Kris
Singapore
KrisSap1

Postby sapmaniasd » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:40 pm

thanks Hari Kris for the response.
This is exactly what I wanted to do. And I'm aware of the configuration that you've mentioned below. But my requirement is that the access sequence for both the SD and MM condition types will be different (the reason being, I'll have Purchase Org as one of the values in the access sequence table for MM cond type whereas in the sales condition type, I'll have Sales Org as one of the fields in the access sequence tables). I tried doing this but I'm not sure why, this is not working.

If you check the SAP help on the reference condition type field in M/06, SAP tells that the refernece mechanism works even though the access sequences are different.

So I'm wandering if I'm missing something as I want to achieve this without any ABAP coding.

thanks,
Pat
sapmaniasd

Postby akrason » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:56 am

Hi,
This discussion is of great interest to me as I am facing a similar problem with "copying" SD item level condition into MM item level condition in third-party delivery.
However one important point: we enter manualy price in SD for every sales order (generic HAWA with no sales price).
Once PO is created out of SD-generated PReq I would like to have SD order price to show in MM order.
I have followed your suggested M/06 and V/06 settings with no success.
MM price is defaulted from the last PO created for my generic HAWA material with reference to another sales order and I still have to re-enter it manually in MM for my new sales order.
Is then Martin right by saying that "carry-on" from SD to MM cannot be achieved without Abap coding?
Andrzej
ajkrason@gmail.com
akrason

Postby Martin_US » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:50 pm

Dear Andrzej,

I am by far not insisting that I am right (God there is just too much creepy stuff out),
but the SD to MM copy was always a problem. The other way around not so much.

Now, my suggestion would require that the SD Order has been saved (which at that point it should have been).

So, in your PO Order, you could retrieve the SD Order number (which you should have) and then pull the condition value with some fairly easy code.

HTH
Martin
Martin_US

Postby Frank Lai » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:11 am

Hi

I have used reference condition to between MM and SD in both directions for years without problems. One thing though, I always keep the access sequences of both condition types the same. In spite of what online help saids, the times that I tried to have them different it does not work. When you think about it, how can SAP retrieving the referenced condition record if the calling condition type provides it totally different primary key fields? If someone managed to make different access sequence in a reference condition type work. Do post a response.

Akrason, if you sales price is entirely manual, refernce condition type is no good to you because you don't have a condition record in KONP for SAP to retrieve for you. You will have to write a pricing formula routine via VOFM to go get the sales order price.

Frank
Frank Lai

Postby Martin_US » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:37 am

Frank,

if you retrieve a condition value the way you describe, is it 'truly' copied from the SD document or is it determent?

I would assume that if I have the same condition in the PO and SD, use the same access sequence and have the same reference fields and values, the PO pricing is retrieving it just as normal.

But as asked here, if it has been changed or entered manually, it won't get copied over.

I guess (and I might be mistaken) that was the core of the problem.
Martin_US

Postby Sharpshooter » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:36 am

The issue I have seen is with org levels. Virtually every place I've been have sales organisation and distribution channel in the access for all SD conditions. Of course, those values are not known once you get to the purchasing side!

And no, it is not copied from the document, only the master data is accessed again (without custom code).

Dave
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Postby Frank Lai » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:17 am

Hi

Martin, when reference condition types are used, it is indeed referenced in that SAP will retrieved the referenced condition ( SD in this example) record from KONP and then store it under the referening condition type( the PO in this exmaple) in table KONV.

Akrason's requirement is to get SD condition from a sales order that is manually entered always. As such, refernce condition type will do him no good because there is no condition record in KONP. That is why he will have to go copy the manual condition record in KONV stored by the sales order.

Yes in general, sales org and dist channel or typically in lots of access sequence on the SD side. However, the times when one need to refernce SD condition from the MM side are usually third party order type. In these instances, it is possible to figure out the sales org and dist channel of the sales order.

Frank
Frank Lai

Postby Martin_US » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:50 am

Thank you Frank for the explanation.

Maybe that's why I am skeptical as IMHO there is always the option of manually entered prices and thus my doubts on the usefulness of this functionality. Certainly not something one (me) configures all the time and when I did, I found it "unreliable" since I would always test with manually entered values too. I put "unreliable" in quotes here, because I would be looking for a universal solution and not corer myself into one specific setup.

Unless that is, I don't get your point (not even 7am at the moment)

Appears to me like creating different pricing for "almost" every sales order, just because it's a different country.
I would agree that it seems to be faster during an initial implementation, but from a support perspective it just makes everything way more complex and the excuse I heard often enough it's done for no other reason but local taxation.

I don't know, if you had the same experience, but pricing never seems to be part of a "global template".
Actually, I think the term is wholly misleading since all the template provides is a uniform setup for the most common business procedures, but hardly taking most global requirements into account.
Martin_US

Return to Logistics SD