This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Issue with partner determination in Delivery

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

Issue with partner determination in Delivery

Postby olatornblom » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:18 am

All

We have a scenario where we create deliveries from Stock Transport Orders in SAP ECC.
But when we do so, only the Ship-to partner function is copied into the Header partners.

But what we would like to achieve is to also have the freight forwarder copied into the Header partners in the delivery, from customer master data (ship-to data).
But only when there is a Freight forwarder defined in the partner functions (in the customer master) of a specific Ship-to.

In IMG (SD->Basic functions->Partner Determination->Set up Partner Determination for Delivery), there is only the option of making a partner function mandatory or not, but how can we achieve the above scenario? (That a freight forwarder is only copied into the partner functions of the Delivery if the Customer master data has a Freight forwarder defined...)

thanks,
OT
olatornblom

Re: Issue with partner determination in Delivery

Postby YYZ_SAP » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:58 am

Hi,
Are you really sure?
Take another look at
Logistics Execution -> Shipping -> Basic functions -> Partners > Setup Partner determination for Deliveries
Partner determination procedure -> partner functions in procedure
When I just checked:
there is a button to make the partner function mandatory (check box "on" or not check box "off")
Regards,
Jan Pel
YYZ_SAP

Postby olatornblom » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:48 am

YYY_SAP, thanks for your reply:

Perhaps I was a bit unclear, but I am aware of the setting you are pointing out.
In fact, we have implemented this setting right now, but the problem is that it asks for a freight forwarder for ALL deliveries with the assign partner determination procedure.

What we simply would like to achieve is to have the freight forwarder copied into the header partner functions of the delivery document, only when there is a freight forwarder (partner function ZZ) maintained as a partner function in the customer master.

OK?

BR,
OT
olatornblom

Postby olatornblom » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:21 am

Hello

Anyone got a clue on how we could achieve having the Freight Forwarder populated in the Delivery (with ref to Stock Transport Order), without setting Freight Forwarder to mandatory in Partner Determination Procedure?

I know we could go for exits in program MV50AFZ1, but I would like to avoid that as far as possible.

BR,
OT
olatornblom

Postby Frank Lai » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:18 pm

Hi

Please see OSS note 672142 for explanation and solution.

Frank
Frank Lai

Return to Logistics SD