Issue with sales order stock reservation

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

Binita

Issue with sales order stock reservation

Post by Binita » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:36 am

HI,

I have the following issue and scenario:

1) our client wants the stock to be reserved for sales order. there are two options in SAP to do this. one with MB1B, Mov type 412 E. other is Mb21, mob type 413. (not 413 E).

2) 412 E works perfect. but the only problem is client does not want accounting entries for such reservation. they don't valuate this stock any differently than unrestricted hence no entry.

3) we tried Mb21, 413. the reservation for sales order is done without any accounting entry but no separate sales order stock is created. Only reserved stock is kept increasing. further, even without enough unrestricted stock, i can reserve with this way. this is not acceptable to client. since there is no impact on unrestricted stock category.

Now, is there any other way? or any way to set Mov type 412 E that there is no accounting entries ? or only Inventory Dr to Inventory Cr entry will also do but currently we are not able to set inventory account to VKA key for this movement.

please advise.

Thanks,
Binita

sumpler

Re: Issue with sales order stock reservation

Post by sumpler » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:23 am

maybe you have some reasons for using special stocks in this case, but if your only need is the stock to be reserved for a sales order without making an accounting entry you can simply use availlability check/transfer of requirements.

Binita

Post by Binita » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:14 am

Thanks Sumpler, again :) .

the only reason for special stock reservation is, no other sales order should be able to use the stock which is reserved for some other sales order. client wants hard reservation. pls tell me if there is any other way I can achieve this.

The unrestricted stock should be shown differently then the sales order reserved stock-which happens only with 412 E, to my knowledge. please correct me my understanding is wrong.

thanks,
Binita

Sharpshooter

Post by Sharpshooter » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:50 pm

The combination of special stock 'E' and account assignment category 'M' (Ind. cust. w/o KD-CO) is what you want. This is determined by the requirements class of the sales order item.
Dave
Good luck!

Binita

Post by Binita » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:50 pm

Thanks for replying.

I tried with two requirement types in sales order ( req type KE and KEL) as they were having classes with special indicator E with accnt assgmnt category M (040 and 047 resp.) as you said. still accounting entries generated with MB1B 412 E.

this is not a manufacturing make to order scenario but the stock will arrive (trading) based on total sales requirement and then will be reserved against each order. any more correction for me? specific req class/type or OBYC setting?

Thanks,
Binita

Sharpshooter

Post by Sharpshooter » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:31 am

There is account posting, but not to WIP (cost of sales). In the system I am on now, there are 2 postings - both to the the finished goods account (material type is finished goods) for equal amounts, one debit, one credit. It is essentially a zero-sum posting which should not be a problem for you.
Dave
Good luck!

Binita

Post by Binita » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:43 am

Then there is something grossly wrong with what I am doing.

In my case, it hits the account which is attached with GBB - VKA key in OBYC since the special stock indicator is E (sales stock).

can you please tell me which req. class and req.type and item category you are taking for your test case in sales order and later which mov type in MB1B.

client is ready for inventory to inventory account posting.

Thanks,
Binita

Sharpshooter

Post by Sharpshooter » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:29 am

In my case, there is no offsetting entry (GBB). The only posting is BSX.
Be sure the 'Valuation of special stock' field in the requirements class = 'A' (Without ref to sales order). You will have to configure this yourself, there are no SAP-delivered requirements classes configured this way AFAIK.

Summary:
Acct Assgt Cat.: 'M'
Valuation of special stock: 'A'
Special stock indicator: 'E'

Dave
Good luck!

Binita

Post by Binita » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:15 pm

Hi Dave,

Thanks for hinting even the setting. I did create a new requirement class with special stock indicator = E and Acctassgnmnt cat = M. all other setting blank. But the valuation field remains uneditable. there is no way I can set it to A as you said. any idea?

Thanks.
Binita

Sharpshooter

Post by Sharpshooter » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:14 am

Look in the IMG in the 'Controlling' area. I guess that SAP did not want simple SD folks messing with this and tried to hide it from them. :wink:
Last edited by Sharpshooter on Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Good luck!

Binita

Post by Binita » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:04 am

Yes, true. and the entire world of cost accounting is there under IMG - Controlling...task to look for something called 'Valuation' under it for simple SD folks.

Thanks anyway.