This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Batch determination against reservation

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

Batch determination against reservation

Postby Binita » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:31 am

Hi,

Following is the scenario. please suggest the way.

1) Sales order is created with item category which has special stock indicator E. Items are batch managed.

2) Stock Reservation against the sales order is done with MB1B 412 E mov type. Stock is reserved with specifying batch.

3) Delivery is created. now in delivery, the user should ideally see / be able to select only those batches which was reserved for that sales order. in my case, i am able to see all batches in system. when I select the batch which was not reserved, it does give me the error "Only 0 EA of material 31XXXXX Batch0001 available". this error is also correct but why system should show unreserved batch at first place? is there any way to automatically determine the reserved batch? or if not automatic, at least with selection also.
is there any batch determination search strategy which can populate only reserved batch against that sales order in delivery?

Thanks,

Binita Joshi
Binita

Re: Batch determination against reservation

Postby sumpler » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:35 am

yes you can achieve it -the functionality is known as Stock Determination. settings are in MM.
sumpler

Postby Binita » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:32 am

Thanks Sumpler, we checked in SPRO - Materials Management - Inventory Management and Physical Inventory - Stock determination - Define Strategy for stock determination. could not find batch determination or reservation related fields anywhere. It has sorting based on Item table, pricing or quantity. I am not sure how to go about.

Can you help a little more and say what should be done?

Thanks,
Binita
Binita

Postby sumpler » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:08 am

in Stock Determination item Table try setting Stock determination: Special stock indicator to blank.
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdat ... ontent.htm
sumpler

Return to Logistics SD