Transporting people

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

khoff

Transporting people

Post by khoff » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:25 am

Hi,

I have a following scenario:
I need to create an outbound delivery (without order ref.) in VL01NO in order to arrange transport of 200 people.
My idea was to use dummy materials representing people etc but I wonder if there is any other way.

Thanks in advance

mike_ac

Re: Transporting people

Post by mike_ac » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:06 pm

Here (in Texas), it is not that uncommon to have a couple hundred people packed onto a single cross-border shipment. Coyotes don't often use SAP, but when they do, they do it with a bottle of Dos Equis in hand.

I think they'd handle it as individual dummy materials, or maybe as just a text item for a generic "produce" shipment with no picking / packing requirements.

It all depends on what your requirements are.
"If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk?" –Albert Einstein, when confronted by a neat freak about the disarray in his work space

khoff

Post by khoff » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:26 am

Hej,

Thank you for your reply.
The scenario is not so complicated. The item category is of course not relevant for picking /packing.
The reason why I want to have all the travelers in delivery doc. is that I need to print special documents that retrieve data from employee DB in HR.
I tried to specify each traveler as Partner Function on header level in delivery but PF field is only 2 char. so there is no space for several hundred different codes
specially if we only can use codes beginning with Z,Y etc. In addition to that fact the same code can only be used once in the same document.

Thank you all in advance. Still waiting on responses.

mike_ac

Post by mike_ac » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:59 pm

Honestly, it sounds a bit strange to use a delivery at all. Orders can be fulfilled without requiring delivery.

Partner function TYPES require the 2-characters. The partner function itself is a numeric field. Employees typically have a contact ID of some kind which you could use. You just need a role type that can be applied many times, or else just use contact info, instead,

That said, you could have just as easily generated this document from the order, and used classification or some other such means to capture your list of individuals.
"If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk?" –Albert Einstein, when confronted by a neat freak about the disarray in his work space