Change BOM quantity VL02n

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

7cows

Change BOM quantity VL02n

Post by 7cows » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:15 am

I have a sales order with a BOM - therefore 2 items - main and component for 1000 kg ea.

I then create a delivery (no goods issue) and a delivery is created with main and component for 1000kg ea

I then change the sales order volume to 750 - main and component automatically changes to 750

I then go to VL02n and change delivery - at this time the BOM main item quantity field is greyed out - i cannot change it.

However I can change the component to 750 and sometimes it updates the main item automatically.

Here are my questions:

1. How do I un-grey the main item quantity field in the change delivery screen to update the BOM main item quantity
2. Why is the component item quantity field modifiable and not the BOM main item quantity field.
3. Is there some config that needs to changed to allow the BOM main item quantity field to be modified.

Thanks in advance

rwalia78

Re: Change BOM quantity VL02n

Post by rwalia78 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:30 am

Hi,

You have not mentioned which qty is grayed out whether it is Delivery Qty or Picking Qty?
If the components are priced then the main item is not relevant for picking so, it could be the reason that might be grayed out.
So first you check the check box at Delivery Item Category (TAP) Relevant for picking, then both the items qty can be modifiable at delivery level (VL02N) in both Delivery Qty and Picking Qty .

It will not happen in normal std scenario, take ABAPer help if it required.

sonia2010

Re: Change BOM quantity VL02n

Post by sonia2010 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:30 am

Hi there,
Please tell us about the type..