Unconfirmed items not considered in complete delivery check

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

The Prince Of Darkness
Location: Either on a train or in a pub (if neither, arguing with an Eastern Block work colleague)

Unconfirmed items not considered in complete delivery check

Post by The Prince Of Darkness » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:10 am

Hi -

My searches have revealed that this has been asked before, but I am unable to find a solution.

Our material don't have replanishment lead time so sales orders don't get confirmed schedule lines at creation. (ATP is set not to check RLT)

E.g.

Line Item 000010, Qty 10 (Stock 10). Confirmed schedule line 23.09.2011 (Today's date)

Line Item 000020, Qty 5 (Stock 00). No Confirmed schedule line (Because no RLT Data set up)

This sales order is set for complete delivery (Header and each line item)

Issue is, even though sales order is marked as complete delivery SAP ignores second unconfirmed line and creates delivery for first line.

How can I stop this and fulfil the requirement which is only complete deliveries can be shipped, regardless of confirmed status.
Former SAP PM, looking to move in Lawn Mower business

Sharpshooter

Re: Unconfirmed items not considered in complete delivery check

Post by Sharpshooter » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:08 am

I too, have fought this battle and lost. It is what we call in SAP a "WADAFU". "Working as designed, all F&^%ed up".
SAP Knowledge base article 1603840 has some explanation and consulting note links, but no good solution.
I have considered putting a delivery block on orders in this state via userexit, but I was never satisfied with the result - mainly because you need some way to remove the delivery block once the items are all confirmed.

Good luck! Maybe this thread will spur some thought and cause someone to come up with a good solution.
Good luck!

The Prince Of Darkness
Location: Either on a train or in a pub (if neither, arguing with an Eastern Block work colleague)

Post by The Prince Of Darkness » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:51 pm

I have attempted to battle SAP and also have lost on this one.

Has anyone come up with an elegant/simple solution without coding the hell out of it?
Former SAP PM, looking to move in Lawn Mower business

mike_ac

Post by mike_ac » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:19 am

Delivery groups can help, but it's a kludgy solution.

Coding has always been the answer on this one, unfortunately. You can actually do this in the copy control, if you are clever.
"If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk?" –Albert Einstein, when confronted by a neat freak about the disarray in his work space