Back date rate on pricing condition

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

AndyW

Back date rate on pricing condition

Post by AndyW » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:05 am

Hi All

I'm wondering if anybody has encountered a similar scenario to mine and what the best practice approach would be to resolve it.

We a have a potential business requirement to change the rate on some of our pricing conditions. The business would like to back date this change by several months and re-price all open sales orders so that open items pick up the new rate and closed items are unaffected.

Changing the rate on the current condition might be an option but that just seems like a really bad thing to do because there will be closed items and open items using the same condition but at different rates. I don't see that changing the validity range would resolve it either.

The only other thing I can think of would be to create another condition that offsets the correct amount but trying to get that to work for every one of reasonably complicated scenarios will not be easy.

Any suggestions or thoughts gratefully received!

Andy

mike_ac

Re: Back date rate on pricing condition

Post by mike_ac » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:26 am

Well, it is possible to have a different pricing date on an individual condition, so you could try that route, and modify only the open orders' pricing dates. But, I don't think orders will automatically reprice if they are closed. You would probably be safe repricing only the open ones (LSMW, MASS, etc). The existing rates on the closed orders wouldn't change, unless they haven't invoiced, and you reprice at invoicing. Give it a shot in your test box, and see if that's the easy solution for you.

Otherwise, you might be able to get away with just changing the pricing dates on affected items, if nothing else has changed.
"If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk?" –Albert Einstein, when confronted by a neat freak about the disarray in his work space