Set sales order partner function of sales emp as mandatory

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

wwwchanw

Set sales order partner function of sales emp as mandatory

Post by wwwchanw » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:11 am

Dear SD Experts,

How can I set the partner function of sales employee (PE) in sales order header as required field?

I have configured PE in VOPA as mandatory field. However sales order is still saved as a completed document when I did not enter the code of sales employee in the partner field (That is by default, it shows "0" in the field).

I would like to have the user not to forget to enter the sales employee's code in sales order. How can I set this sales order as "incomplete" if the sales employee code is missing in sales order?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Jessica

ib

Post by ib » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:02 am

OVA2 ... do you have Personnel number set in procedure 09 in partner incompletion?
Regards.
ib

wwwchanw

Post by wwwchanw » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:32 am

Thanks IB for your advice.

Now, I have mandatory fields of sales employee, sold-to party, ship-to party, bill-to party, and payer in the first column of sales order header partner. If I do not enter a sales employee code next to sales employee, the system displays "0" by default and SAP consider it as a complete sales order when I save it.

Is it possible to change that sales employee code field from numeric field to a alphanumeric field so that "0" will not show up in sales header partner by default...instead, it will become blank.

Please advice. Thanks.

Jessica

ib

Post by ib » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:45 am

Did you set the Incompletion ? With that set, and 0 as the value for personnel number, the document will insist on a valid value at saving.

Of course, it can always be saved incomplete but you can't have everything.
Regards.
ib