This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

What if ship-to >999

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

What if ship-to >999

Postby saianshu » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:21 am

Hi,

We have a customer (one sold-to in US)which has multiple bill-tos(payers) and each bill-to(payer has) has mutliple ship-tos. So we need to assign these bill-tos & ship-tos to the sold-to. Currently approx1200 may grow in future.

In sales order creation selection of bill-to,payer,ship-to would be difficult?

do u think of any solution for customer master setup for above requirement?

Thanks,
saianshu

Postby saianshu » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:01 pm

Hi All..,

Any Solutions please.. I am hanging on this from longtime..,
saianshu

Postby FICO GURU » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:58 pm

There is no solution to your problem,
Example

You have One sold to one bill to and payer and 1200 ship to well when you are creating SO if you have 1200 ship to in partner function then you have to select from the list or before you create SO know you ship to and enter it in sales order

Solution 1
Make all ship to also sold to so create the order for sold to and ship to will default from partner function and just select your bill to / payer from list

Solution 2
One sold to one ship to and many bill to and payer
At the time of order entry change the ship to address to where you like the goods to be shipped
We have a situation where we have one sold to and one bill to and payer but whenever the customer order he has a new ship to, first we tried to make partners all ship to then we decided to create one partner ship to and it is just the number and no address we enter address and other data at the time of order entry
FICO GURU

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:25 am

Hi,
Thanks for reply.

The Solution2 may not suit my requirements. Because ship-to master is not having just address it is having all the data for sales reporting like region,sales district etc.,

The solution1 seems suits my requirements. Can u please suggest some solution for these questions.

1.If i make all ship-to as sold to. How can make a link to actual sold-to(customer) to all ship-tos(sold-tos) so that i can get sale reports?

2.How can i draw a list of customers(sold-tos)?

3. Requirement is credit check is to be done at Customer'payer not at bill-tos(payers) assigned to ship-tos.(Credit limit is maintained at customer's payer level and all bill-to(payer) transactions are posted.)

I can do a credit check at customer's payer level using user exit. For this i need linkage between all ship-tos(sold-tos) with customer(sold-tos) (question 1&2) to identify customer's payer.

Thanks for help.,

Postby Icemtl » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:09 pm

As mentionned by FICO Guru above, there is no solution to this problem as the system limit to 999 the max number of partner assignment you can do to 1 sold-to.

From a sales order entry perspective, even if you create new partner type to link them to the sold-to, it will only make things worst because the user will have then to chose between real ship-to and your newly define partner function.

We faced the same situation here and the bottom line is what added value is there to link that many ship-to to a sold-to anyway ? The person entering the order will most likely not browse a 1000 ship-to to find the one they want. Instead, they will do a direct matchcode search on the field to fiend the right partner. So my recommandation is simply to NOT link the ship-to to the sold-to. Your order entry people will still be able to enter order.
Icemtl

Postby saianshu » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:16 pm

Hi,

Thanks. But if i create each ship-to as sold-to. How would i link this ship-to(sold-to) to actul sold-to(customer) for sales reporting? and i need to do a credit check on customer' payer level not on bill-to's payer level which assigned to ship-to.

thanks for help..,
saianshu

Postby FICO GURU » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:10 am

This is how you can do it
Create a partner function Z1 Actual sold to
Create an account group Z1 Actual sold to
Create your one sold to in account group Z1 actual sold to for example 100000

Now create your all ship to as sold to and ship to
In the master data of all sold to 0001 account group have the partner function Z1 mandatory.
So when you are creating sold to / ship to you will have Z1 mandatory beside bill to and payer and you may have other partner function
At my place when we create a sold to 0001 account group we have 7 other partners then just ship to bill to and payer for example we have sales manager / we have sales man, we have quote address and lots of others

So you are creating 1200 sold to and same 1200 ship to from number 1 to number 1200
Each sold to have a partner Z1 as 100000
Now you can write reports on the basis of partner function Z1
How much we sold to partner Z1 100000 in Jan 2006
If you are using COPA you can take this partner Z1 to COPA document characteristic
We do at my place of business
Does this make sense?
FICO GURU

Postby saianshu » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:05 am

Thanks for details Guru.,

To make clear to myself, each ship-to(sold-to) will have its own sold-to & Z1 as partner function( actual sold-to) and others too. In actual sold-to, there will be Z1,sold-to,bill,payer,ship-to.

So this way we are linking all ship-tos with actual sold-to with Z1 partner function for reporting right?.

So i can use same process for all my customers who may have less ship-tos.?

I am concerned about reports based on partner function 'Z1' it has to check all the customers which linked with partner function Z1/customer 100000.Doesn't this report takes time because we have total 35000 customers?

Please let me know if i am missing anything..,
saianshu

Postby FICO GURU » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:45 pm

You got it
Regarding report time I don’t see a lot of problem but you have to develop custom reports and really depends upon how good ABAP programmer is and he write the report
If you have COPA then you can have ZI move to COPA and report from there
FICO GURU

Postby saianshu » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:07 am

Hi,

LIS is our main reporting tool. Can i do reporting thru partner function Z1 means when i select 'sold-to party' in drill-down , it should give all the actul sold-to party sales.

We are having co-pa module. Can u please little in detail how we can report from co-pa.so that i can talk to co-pa guy?

Thanks for help.,
saianshu

Re: What if ship-to >999

Postby dsikes » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:50 am

What FICO guru described is really just using the SAP standard functionality for Customer Hierarchy. However, using the Customer Hierarchy is a much better solution because you have additional functionality for Pricing and reporting.

Dan Sikes
Senior SD/LE Consultant
dsikes

Re: What if ship-to >999

Postby Frank Lai » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:00 am

Hi

I agree with the last post. Customer hierarchy the better way to go especially if you are using SIS as the main reporting tool becuase customer hierarchy view is already built into SIS ( at least for standard analysis). Since the upper nodes of the customer hierarchy are also sold tos, there should be no need to monkey around in PA either. The only place where you may have to do work is if you have customer reports which will have to be changed to work with customer hierarchy partner functions.

Frank
Frank Lai

Return to Logistics SD