This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Additional Data in Company Code view in Customer master

Logistics : SD and its sub-modules (Inquires, Quotes, Order Entry, SIS, Sales Contacts, Dist. & Billing)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, mike_ac, Lost Identity

Additional Data in Company Code view in Customer master

Postby sapnov05 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:06 pm

Hi folks,

When I go to Additional Data under Extras in Sales area data or in general data in XD01/2/3, it shows me many fields that can be populated and used. However when I click at the same option under Company code data, nothing happens...is this standard SAP functionality not to have any additional data in co code view? If not, how can it be activated? I would like to use some data relating to payer to take certain decisions in the program logic and since it is purely AR related, I would like to use the fields available here if possible. Besides, all the additional data fields in general and SA data in our system are taken and this would be a great place to have some more.

Please note I am not referring to additional data in the config for the company code. This is master data in XD01/2/3.

Any help is very appreciated.

Thank you.
sapnov05

Re: Additional Data in Company Code view in Customer master

Postby Frank Lai » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:00 am

Hi

The reason you don't see any fields when you go to extras for company code data is there is nothing for SAP to display. The fields in extras for general and sales area data are ones that SAP predefined and wrote code to display and deal with user inputs. Since they never set aside additional field in KNB1 for such purposes, you get nothing. In fact if you run FD02/3 instead of XD you will see that the menu option of extras/additional data is not available.

If you want to add your own fields you will need to follow steps lay out in the IMG under logistics general/business partner/customer/control/adoption of customer's own data fields. You will need abap help to create the subscreen for you as well.

Frank
Frank Lai

Re: Additional Data in Company Code view in Customer master

Postby Frank Lai » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:01 am

Oops forgot to give you the OSS note that details how to do this.... 577502

Frank
Frank Lai

Return to Logistics SD