This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

SAP BI Mobile iPad App help

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

SAP BI Mobile iPad App help

Postby mpickell » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:52 am

I am working to push WebI reports to the new BI Mobile iPad app and there are many limitations (see the release notes here: http://help.sap.com/businessobject/prod ... _rn_en.pdf)

I am finding some success with the most basic reports, but I'm wondering if anyone has information on these questions:
  • The iPad app for SAP BI Mobile has three sample reports (when you are not connected to a server), one of which contains a table with embedded graphics. I cannot find these reports anywhere in order to view the source. Is anyone familiar with how these would be constructed? The release notes suggest that this shouldn't be possible and I can't make it work in some tests I have performed. I am wondering if there is an alternative method that I can use.
  • Is anyone familiar with the app enough to know ( or how to find out ) if it has any registered URLs that would allow opening it from a hyperlink (via a web browser or from an email)?

From multiple google searches, it does not seem like there is a lot of information out for this yet and I'm trying to find any information I can.

Thanks.
mpickell

Re: SAP BI Mobile iPad App help

Postby mpickell » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:05 am

I was able to get access to the sample WebI reports in the SAP BO Mobile iPad App and view the WID documents (in a text editor -- I can't open them). These are in an XML format that I believe is BO 4.0 WID format? I am currently using BO 3.1 where the WID files are in a binary format.

So am I wondering if the troubles I am having with the iPad app is related to not having BO 4.0? Can anyone comment on that?
mpickell

Return to SAP Business Objects