This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Insert records in OALR via SQL. Is it possible?

All postings related to Business One only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Insert records in OALR via SQL. Is it possible?

Postby Compa » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:28 pm

Is there a Stored Procedure I can use to insert a new record in the OALR table, to create an alert for a specific user?
I know SAP strongly recommends not to touch the DB manually (maybe the right word is "forbids") so I'm looking for (maybe) a SP that is given by SAP specifically to archieve this task.

Why do I want to do this you might ask.
Well, it's simple. The client wants some actions to be blocked to some users and he wants to be notified when this users try to perform them (like cancelling a Sales Order: User tries to cancell a SO -> User sees the notification in the lower bar -> Alert is sent to authorized user so he can perform the investigation and cancel of the order)

This is maybe archievable with the Authorization Proccess but I must confess I'm still reading about it and with the little I've read so far, I can't devise a method to satisfy the client's request via Aut-Proc.

If there is another solution to this issue, I'm all ears.
The important thing here is that the client wants to be notified when an order is being cancelled.

Thanx in advance for your help :)
Compa

Re: Insert records in OALR via SQL. Is it possible?

Postby Compa » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:21 pm

In case someone has the same question, it is not possible.
As far as I (and my co-workers) know, it is not possible to add records to this table manually as of version 8.81 PL 10

Consider this topic closed :P
Compa

Return to Business One