This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Item numbers SAP Business One

All postings related to Business One only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Item numbers SAP Business One

Postby ddelisle911 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:32 pm

Hi-
I am new to this forum. I have a general question about item codes. We are implementing SAP Business One. We distribute t-shirts. We receive in packages of 3 and sell in packages of 3 or more. My question is how we set up item codes. Do we set up items as individual units?
Thanks
ddelisle911

Re: Item numbers SAP Business One

Postby Gothmog » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:31 am

Welcome to SAPfans,
I move your question to the appropriate sub forum, but I'm afraid it's not the most active one...
68 74 74 70 3a 2f 2f 74 69 6e 79 75 72 6c 2e 63 6f 6d 2f 62 64 6f 37 6d 77 67
Gothmog

Postby sonia2010 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:14 pm

Hi,
I am new to this forum and hope that you'll welcome me...! This is a product variant management solution on SAP Business One designed for companies that sell, manage or procure items that have similar attributes such as size, color or style. A matrix item structure is identified by a parent item and categorized by child items having similar attributes. Order entry staff can easily filter items with similar attributes to bring into an order. With matrix order entry capability, you quickly fulfill orders for multi-attribute items. Once the order is entered, items are processed through the standard SAP Business One order processing cycle. Many people adopt promotional business such as Corporate Fashion industry for the sake of their convenience.You can also leverage standard order processing capabilities of SAP Business One such as special pricing, warehouse, availability check, etc. The application extends the core Item definition and management capabilities of SAP Business One by incorporating the following features:
The application extends the single level Item definition of SAP Business One and lets you define parent and child items. Multiple attributes can be defined and attached to a parent item.
Inheritance of parent item properties by the child items while creating child items can be setup
All product variants can be viewed in one screen.
Child items are included in MRP runs and Stock taking
Works with standard SAP Business One marketing documents.
Last edited by sonia2010 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
sonia2010

Postby sonia2010 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:51 am

Hi,
ERV-JAb Validation Tool is a freeware application provided by SAP AG to SAP Business One customers in Austria in order to validate XML file comprising mandatory ERV-JAb reporting. This file can be generated by SAP? Business One 2007 A version (PL 42) by utilizing the Financial XML File Generation Wizard in localization for Austria. Validation is a mandatory step before the actual upload of the XML file via portal of Ministry of Finance (called ?FinanzOnline?). Validation ensures that the data in the XML file to be submitted are complete and correctly structured.
sonia2010

Postby Gothmog » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:53 am

How is that related to the question ?
68 74 74 70 3a 2f 2f 74 69 6e 79 75 72 6c 2e 63 6f 6d 2f 62 64 6f 37 6d 77 67
Gothmog

Postby sonia2010 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:43 am

Hello,
Yeah I think it will be better to sell them as individual units since by doing this the persons who wish to buy only one piece may be able to buy as compared with packet of 3 combined...!
Thanks
sonia2010

Postby Compa » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:55 pm

You can set up the item as a single item (Master data)
"T-shirt package of 3"
Items per purchase unit = 1 (Purchase tab)
Items per sale unit = 1 (Sales tab)
What does this mean?
Suppose you want to buy 60 shirts, you will have to purchase 20 packages and that's what you will write in your purchase order.
This also means that when you create the Goods Receipt PO, you will type 20 and not 60
Your inventory will show "20 items" and that means you have 20 packages of 3 shirts (I think you can use teh Factor fields in Purchase and Sales tab to specify how many sub-items come within every package but the inventory AFAIK will show 20)

There are variations to this, only thing you have to be carefull is the results in the purchase orders, the inventory and the sales orders (buying 1 shirt instead of 1 package, selling 3 packages instead of 3 shirts, stocking 3 packages instead of 3 shirts, etc)

Possible variations
"T-shirt" (Not a package)
Items per purchase unit = 1 (you buy the exact number of shirts you need)
Items per sale unit = 3 (you type in the sales order 1 and it will automatically reduce 3)

"T-shirt" (Not a package)
Items per purchase unit = 1 (you buy the exact number of shirts you need)
Items per sale unit = 1 (you type in the sales order the exact number of shirts sold, say 3 or 6 or 9 or... 11)

is you buy and sell packages, maybe it's better to save the master data as "Tshirt package of 3" with 1 and 1 in PU and SU

Try it on a test database and see how it behaves. Let us know if this works for you :)
Compa

Return to Business One