This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

B1 2005A - Consignment Inventory

All postings related to Business One only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

B1 2005A - Consignment Inventory

Postby sandkid » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:05 pm

I am looking for some help (from the 3 or 4 people in thie forum) regarding consignment inventory. We are a contract manufacturer. We build molds and tools for our customers, then start production of their actual items. The customer buys the mold/tool from us, but we never ship it, hence, no GRPO or Delivery.

Because we have so many tools and molds, I am looking for a better way to track them. Occassionally, we switch from one supplier to another one, and the tool is moved.

I read about consignment processing in the help, and searched around the internet, but didn't find much. I found something about "Activate Retail Consignment Processing", but that's about it.

So here's my questions, and thoughts. If I create the GRPO, assign the tool to a warehouse connected to that supplier, how is my inventory and financials affected by not creating a delivery document? The tool would then stay in the assigned warehouse. I can still close out the sales documents by skipping the delivery, and going directly to the A/R Invoice.

Is this a good idea? Is there a better way to do it? I am way below the level of Novice with B1. My only knowledge of it is my day-to-day transactions, and a lot of trial and error. We don't have a maintenance agreement (problems with the last busines partner), so I have to look for other users the guide and train me.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

-Wes-
sandkid

Return to Business One