This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

EH&S folks

All postings related to (EH&S) only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Craig

EH&S folks

Postby Craig on Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:19 pm

HEY! I just found by chance I'm a moderator on this forum!!!

Are there any EH&S folks out there watching this forum? If you would be willing to help answer questions in this forum, please PM and let me know. To try and attract folks here, and so you don't have to check yourself everyday, let me know your interest and I'll let you know when postings show up that need answering. I'm not an EH&S person myself but have interest in it and would like to see this forum become more active.

Craig

Craig

Re: EH&S folks

Postby haant on Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:43 am

Hi Craig,
I am relatively new in EH&S myself, but are willing to help out where possible. After being active in QM I am now partly working in this field as well. Currently I have one EH&S customer but expecting a growing market in this field, at least with the REACh compliance requirements.

Best regards

Theo de Haan (Netherlands)
haant

Postby Craig on Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:50 pm

Thanks Theo!

Things have been sparse here but hopefully if we monitor the forum we can get it moving.

Thanks for interest and hopefully future assistance!

Craig
Craig

Postby mvsrnaveen on Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:24 am

Hi Craig,

I am an ABAP developer, worked on SD MM PP PM WM modules.Now i got a requirement to work on EHS module, but unfortunately i have no documents avaialable in any search engine ( except help.sap.com) .
I know u r not into EHS module, but for sake of eager i would like to know, if any one of our EHS folks have any material on this.

your help is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Naveen
mvsrnaveen

Postby haant on Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:20 am

Hi Naveen,

Documentation on the internet is limited to zero (except as you said help.sap.com), but I can collect some documentation for you. But it is easier (and quicker) if you have more specific questions: e.g. about phrases.

To Craig, as (one of) the expert on this forum, what is the best way to exchange documents in this forum? I could set up a place on internet to collect generic EH&S documents.

Theo
haant

Postby abap_doctor on Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:34 am

Make sure any copied documents are not copyrighted.
The Doc
Tuly Idiot Magna Grand Docot Image
abap_doctor

Postby mvsrnaveen on Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:49 am

Hi Haant,

Thanks For your Quick and Positive response.
Actually i need a brief flow of EHS module ( how is related to MM or any other modules in business)and some list of tables realetd to EHS which we generally use.
Apart from that i would really appreaciate if you can send me any more data related to EHSmodule to my mail id mvsrnaveen@gmail.com .

Thanks in Advancefor your help.

Best regards,
Naveen
mvsrnaveen

Postby haant on Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:00 am

abap_doctor wrote:Make sure any copied documents are not copyrighted.

Thanks for your remark, that is also my problem at the moment. I do have documentation with copyright, so by answering specific questions I can create my own documentation.

Theo
haant

Postby Craig on Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:49 pm

I would suggest that if you wanted to share documents a good place to do so is Google documents.

I believe you set up public documents as well as private ones. You make them accessible to people by adding their email to the document.

Each person however must create a google account. But the account is not an email account and it free. It's basiclly like registering for a site.

Craig
Craig

EHS documentation

Postby anjlee on Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:30 am

hi all
i m totally new to EHS..
if some one has documentation on EHS other than sap help and academy material please mail me i have to implement EHS in utilities
kind regards,

anjlee
anjlee_72@yahoo.com
anjlee

Postby haant on Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:22 am

Hi Anjlee,
You need to further specify what you mean by "implement EH&S in utilities". EH&S is refering to product safety, dangerous goods management, waste management, occupational health, industrial hygiene and safety.

For people new in EH&S I tried to explain in a few words the basics. There is of course more to it, but this maybe helpful:

The most basic flow is:
- maintain the specification header (with Spec. Category, Spec. Type, Auth. Group, Identifiers)
- maintain property values using the (standard) property tree
- create output

There are different specification categories (e.g. substance, dangerous goods classification, packaging, waste code, etc) depending which area EH&S is used for (product safety, dangerous goods management, waste management, etc). Within each category there are multiple specification types to segregate the different specifications (e.g. in product safety area: real substance, listed substance). To a specification type a property tree is assigned which is a collection of the different properties involved within the specific area. Of course standard property trees exist in the standard system.
A special notice is the use of phrases, which is a standard way within EH&S of using text elements. E.g. by using phrases standard text can assigned as value to a property. Identifiers are used to add names, formulas etc. to the specifications.

This is all to collect the data. The data is used to create e.g. output documents (product safety: the so-called Safety Data Sheet) by defined templates and output by using WWI. Similar functionality is available in the other areas.

The structure: specification category, -type, property trees, output templates, is the basis for EH&S. By customizing customer specific situations can be created: specification types, properties, property trees, phrases, etc.

Of course there is more data required to maintain (e.g. restrictions, material assignment) and functionalities available, but above description is just to give a quick overview.

Best regards,

Theo
haant

Postby chhabrarajeev on Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:32 pm

Hi Theo,

I am loking for some config docs in the following area:
· Work Area Management

· Risk Assessment

· Incident / Accident Log

· Safety Measures and Measurement Projects

· Health Surveillance Protocol

· Schedule planning

· Medical Service

· Injury / Illness log

· Integration of Incident/accident log -medical service
Could you please help

Cheers
Rajeev
chhabrarajeev@gmail.com
chhabrarajeev

Postby DavidBilotti on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:05 am

hello all I also am very new to EHS and have not found much helpful documantation on the web. Has the share documentation repository for this group been set up on google yet? What I really would like is something like an E/R diagram showing the interfaces of EHS to other modules, how MM feeds EHS (procedurally) so that I would be able to code a BDC to update the specification categories. In short, ANYTHING you have that might shed some light. Thanks to anyone who would like to send me some tips and tricks, white papers, notes, etc to me at david.bilotti@mail.criterion-sys.com
Thanks and best regards,
David Bilotti
DavidBilotti

Postby haant on Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:48 am

Hi Rajeev,

I looked around myself for config documentation: I only could find the Building Block ConfigGuide documentation from SAP: http://help.sap.com/bp_bblibrary/600/BB ... _start.htm.
See e.g. Q52_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_US Dangerous Goods Management, Q53_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_US Ind. Hyg. and Safety, Q55_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_US Waste Management.

Best regards,

Theo
haant

Postby melyxzza on Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:39 pm

Folks! I need your help...
I'm really new to EH&S... and there's no documentaton!!!!
I need to implement only the part of Occupational Health, what do I need for this? Which other modules should be configured? How do I start?
I hope you can help me =)
my e-mail if you have some additional documentation to SAP's is melyxzza@yahoo.com
THANKS!
melyxzza

Next

Return to Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S)