This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

career in SAP QM

SAP Training/Certification related postings (For Registered Users Only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish

career in SAP QM

Postby hasnainp » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:33 pm

Hi,
I'm interested in undergoing training on SAP QM. i have several years of experience in Quality in the service industry. please let me know if this is the right training / career path and is QM module really compatible for a service industry. I have enquired several places on SAP QM training including SAP website and authorized training centers and the training content seems to be from a manufacturing / production environment.

i would like to pursue a career as a SAP QM consultant however i have no experience into manufacturing Quality control.

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks.
hasnainp

Re: career in SAP QM

Postby Craig » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:58 am

The service industry is just an off-shoot or variant of regular QM.

The primary dfference is that inspections arise out of service notifications usually. You will find little to no specific training with regard to QM in the Service industry. First, try and take the standard QM courses that are available. Make sure you take the courses on notifications and understand them very well.

Than try and find someone doing exactly what you want to do (QM in service industry), and get them to train you. Pay them for a week or two of their time and get one-on-one training from them. Intern yourself to them if possible. Offer your services up very cheap to them. See if they will mentor you when you get your first project in exchange for some of your fee. Or see if they can get you a projet and let you do it and they can manage you as a supervisor. It might be quite hard to find a good mentor for your choosen area. But I'm sure there is someone out there somewhere.

Craig
Craig

Return to Education Services/Training/Certification