This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Need advice on BI career

SAP Training/Certification related postings (For Registered Users Only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish

Need advice on BI career

Postby omgitsdev » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:24 pm

Hi,

I'm keen to find out more about a career in Business Intelligence, and I was hoping someone could answer a few of my questions:

1) What is the difference between BusinessObjects Business Intelligence and Netweaver Business Intelligence?

2) What would be a good track to start a career in BI? (I'm currently a final year undergraduate student studying Computer Engineering)

3) Would taking a course and getting certified in 'SAP Netweaver 2004 - Application Development Focus ABAP' help towards a career in Business Intelligence?

My strengths lie in efficient planning and execution, analyzing and interpreting situations and information in depth, and a knack for being good at public relations. I'm seeking a career which involves social interaction coupled with my educational background of being a CS student. If possible, I would also like to twine my CS career with finance as both are of interest to me. I welcome advice as to how I may be able to achieve this through SAP, and which areas I should be looking into. Additionally, would BI be suitable for a person such as myself?

Any insight into my situation is welcome and greatly appreciated in advance.

Cheers!

EDIT: If anyone's willing to advise me about this over chat, I'd appreciate some help over a live discussion. Please do message me if you're up for some mentoring :)
omgitsdev

Return to Education Services/Training/Certification