This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

SAP Market Entry

SAP Training/Certification related postings (For Registered Users Only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish

SAP Market Entry

Postby deantonio » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:12 am

Hello All,

This question has been raised quite a number of time and I am sorry that i am asking it again.

I have worked on a Process based ERP products as Implementation Consultant for about 4 years now. Willing to switch my career to SAP. Based on my Experience I was able to target SAP BASIS Module. However the genuine problem arises after that.
Now a Days the market does requires a person to have SAP Experience in his belt. Certification is also given preference but that is not always the case.
My innocent question to all Experts of the SAP market is how to get a platform to initiate SAP career if a person is not having any previous SAP Experience. Training Institutes will only teach you the Software but your entry in any company will still not be certain.
What are the criteria’s on basis of which a person having experience in ERP will get entry in SAP market.

Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and valuable comments.
Last edited by deantonio on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deantonio

Re: SAP Market Entry

Postby Al. » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:03 am

Hi,

Use your existing skills to get a job in a company that runs SAP. Once you are in that company then do what is needed to get an opportunity to work in SAP.
http://www.turnkeyconsulting.com/
Al.

Postby amkast » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:14 am

it is good.

{link removed}
No, it is spam. Do not do that again.
amkast

Postby Al. » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:47 am

amkast wrote:it is good.

It may be good but it won't help deantonio to get a job if he/she has no experience.
http://www.turnkeyconsulting.com/
Al.

Postby deantonio » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:18 pm

Thank Al & amkast for your Valuable comments.

I think Al is right as I tried searching for companies which may help me at entry level i SAP without Exp. However was not able to find one. As all of them are asking for one thing only....Experience!!!!....Strange isn't it. How can we expect someone to get experience if he\she will not be entertained as a Fresher( I am not blaming the companies). Certifications will only prove that you know SAP but still no one will consider that. I am still seeking a medium through which a Fresher can get a opportunity. And the only way i am able to look up to is a long way of seeking opportunities with company which directly do not work on SAP but so called branded Products and Technologies that are required to get the SAP working. Please guide me gurus as in the long run what Technologies a person should get mastered on in order to get into SAP BASIS module.

Please HELP !!!!
deantonio

Postby bgamble » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:35 pm

The SAP market is mature.

Expertise is relative. Why dont you try to find something where a few months of experiance is valued? Maybe cloud computing or smart phone or web 2.0 social networking or bla bla bla or something else that an old person like me does not understand.

I could not imagine at this point working on a project with a consultant that has not worked on at least three or four projects.

There are always lots of post from people who want to break into SAP. But why? that train left the station at least 6 years ago. There must be another train boarding now. Figure out what is is an get on it.
In my opinion, Pepper Spray is underutilized as an effective tool for scope control
bgamble

Postby jasonjhon » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:00 am

Hi there I have two suggestions for you. Either use your background skills and find a job in company which runs SAP, or do some certification course from any certified and reputed institute. And now days there are lots of companies which hire people as a trainee, so you can choose that option as well.
http://www.abap-programming.net/
jasonjhon

Return to Education Services/Training/Certification