This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Time frame for SAP implementation query

All postings related to SAP XI

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Time frame for SAP implementation query

Postby AnyaMaksymenko » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:00 am

Hi guys,

I am a university student and am currently trying to collect some information for my paper on development of ERP systems in industrial companies, particularly SAP. I'm meant to do some field research, but it is proving to be rather difficult, which is why I wanted to ask for some help from people who have experience in the implementation of the SAP system.
What I'm looking for is the time frame that the SAP system takes to integrate into an industrial firm. Also, the scope of integration (ie how many and which modules were added on top of the core SAP system) and the number of users after the full implementation of the system.
I don't need the name of particular companies, as I understand that that may be disclosing too much corporate information, but it would really help me if someone could give me a realistic time frame of the implementation process for SAP.
Thank you, in advance!

Anya :)
AnyaMaksymenko

Re: Time frame for SAP implementation query

Postby Baz » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:38 pm

i have worked on multiple projects covering a broad range of products/services/companies covering Banking and Finance firms, Public Sector, Business/Retail and currently working on an Aerospace implementation. the SAP modules that are implemented solely depend on time and money, but many companies will ultimately role out many additional modules depending on their current business... many opt for just the backend services of FI and HR. once the basic platform is in place and users get used to the change, the implementation partner will try and encourage further take up of system functions to extend their contract.

the length of the implementation can be from a few months to a global roll out over a number of years.

feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions and i will try and answer them when i can.
Baz

AsPiRiNg tUlY iDiOt Image

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

check out my Podcasts http://dj-baz.podomatic.com
Baz

Return to SAP Process Integration (SAP PI/XI)