This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Update plant on SAP PR or EBP Cart

All postings related to SRM only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Update plant on SAP PR or EBP Cart

Postby chet.trivedi » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:09 am

HI SRM Guru,

Can you reivew the below chain i have posted in the MM section. You may know the answer to the last post. The items in Green are my posts and the items in Red are from the MM Gurus.

I have a requirement where I will need to update the plant field on an existing Purchase Requisition that has been linked to a deleted Purchase Order. Is there a way to mass update the plant field when a PR has been used on a PO? Please keep in mind that the Purhcase Orders have been deleted but the PR remains active. In testing I noticed this can not be done manually.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Unfortunately, this is the standard behavior of SAP. The fact is that even if your PO was deleted, the Processing status of your PR is still ''B'' and therefore, SAP considered it as processed PR. As a result of it, the workaround solution is to flag for deletion your related PR line item and re-create a new one with the correct plant location.

Cheers,
HT

Unfortunately we really need to keep this PR becuase it is our connection to our EBP (SRM) for our requestors. Is there away that we can Dlink the PR from the deleted PO and then we could update?
Hi,

I am afraid not

Yet, since PR is coming from your SRM, wouldn't it be technically feasible to change the plant location for your PR in SRM and extract it back to SAP back-end system?.

Cheers,
HT
chet.trivedi

Return to SRM Supplier Relationship Management